Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1850934 views.
lppenguins

Jun-14

Thanks!!! I like ve the pictures of your updated sewing room. So pretty. 

lppenguins

Jun-14

Retail therapy sure helps sometimes. I’ll pray for moderation. Lol

lppenguins

Jun-14

Thanks Judy. I will get a small break thank goodness. I repeat over and over, “ I can do anything for 3 months”. I’ll get through it. 
♥?

lppenguins

Jun-14

Thanks! It sounds like your still crazy busy. 
take care of you.

Happy Birthday Mishii!

MelRN

Jun-14

Thanks...do you mean the green sewing room I did several months ago, or the purple office/art room? LOL!!! My whole house has now been made over into a lovely Mel space! :D :D :D 

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-15

That is a great idea for the quilting for this baby quilt but it is also done horizontally.  I like the idea of doing it vertically.  I have seen more modern style quilts done in simple straight lines but it did sure give a new and unique design to the piecing.  

Btw...  Hope you had a special birthday!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-15

MelRN said...

My whole house has now been made over into a lovely Mel space!

That must mean you don't need to have a roomie along with you.  Congratulations!

MelRN

Jun-16

Yep, I kicked the last roomie out in December...no more people disrespecting my rules: taking 40 min showers, leaving all the lights on, etc. I decided it was better to remain alone! :D 

judyinohio

Jun-16

Before I was married I tried a roomie experience in the big city of Columbus. Woman was a nurse in a major hospital (I was a fifth grade teacher at the time) so I thought she was a safe choice.

Our first battle was over her wearing my clothes (without permission) and then hanging them back in my closet thinking I would not notice.  (Hey, I don't wear makeup and her makeup was smeared all over the neckline of my blouse!)

Second and final battle was over my walking into our living room on a Sunday morning and finding half-dressed guy sitting on couch with beer bottles at his feet and a bleary look on his face. Rosie (roomie) was in shower.

There was a scene and Mr. Bleary got dressed and was quickly gone; Terry was also gone by end of week. My parents loaned me funds to help cover the rent for the next few months until DH and I got married and I could move out of that apartment and into our campus apartment.  (This was 1964 and my teaching contract had a "moral turpitude" clause .... those were the days. LOL)

DD has come to the conclusion she likes living alone.  Which I find kind of amusing as she was SOOOO worried when she first moved.  After having someone stay with her for a week during the Big Freeze of 2021 last February (when many were without power but she wasn't) she decided she really likes her own space with no one but her cat in it with her.  I'm struggling right now having DS "back home".  He is finishing up his last class (fingers crossed) and then will start the job search.   It is a constant struggle to not be either Maid or Mom.  Really hope he finds a job that is far enough away he has to get an apartment.  and that he finds a job.