Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1922445 views.
judyinohio

Jul-13

Sandy, please go to Zappos.com and look at men's slippers.  They have all kinds of styles so surely you have a good chance of finding something that will work for your husband. 

https://www.zappos.com/filters/slippers-men/wAEC4gIBGA.zso?t=slippers

(They have an excellent return policy if you try something and it doesn't work.)

Thank you Judy, we will check it out.  

bornblesse2

Jul-13

Yup, yup, yup!  Encouragement and love headed your way!

If he does not walk and spends his time in a wheelchair can he just wear some kind of a sock?

Seems like my Summer is just going, going, going! We flew back from California Monday morning and I headed to the shop. DBIL said he is now waiting on fabric so I decided to just come back to New Mexico yesterday. We are doing a ton of work on our house and trying to get it ready to go on the marked mid August. I got here yestereday at 3:30 and had a miserable headache so just went straight to bed with no dinner, just got up at 7:30 to feed the dog and went back to bed............not a good time. I feel better today and hope to pack up the kitchen and start on the walls. Also want to pack up the master bath and start prepping the walls. We are down to just 4 rooms to paint now: the kitchen and 3 bathrooms. I am gonna concentrate on packing this week between wall prep as I was not panning on being here at all. There are really no distractions as I am the only one here and I brought the dog.............DBIL was really sad when I told him I was taking the dog as he really loves her..........she is a sweetie.

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

If he does not walk and spends his time in a wheelchair can he just wear some kind of a sock?

Yes, but when he gets up to transfer to WC when going  to bathroom or Kitchen, he needs something solid on his foot. He ordered a pair of house shoes from the web page JudyInOhio sent me. Praying that will  work.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-14

hum... do they fall off if they are wide enough to go on the foot in the first place? My Dad had that issue...his slippers were always falling off. You might have to get a bit creative and put some sort of connector between his slippers/shoes and his pant legs..

hum... do they fall off if they are wide enough to go on the foot in the first place
His feet are not regular shaped any more one due to amputation the other due to bones crumbling.  
judyinohio

Jul-15

Excellent suggestion, Suze.