Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1931243 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-15

lppenguins said:

gosh both of you possibly down at the same time?

Hopefully that will not happen.  We are not much good the way we are.  I'll know more after he sees the surgeon next week on Friday.  Our son and family live only .7 miles from us but kids will be in school and Nancy and Jim both work.  I may have to get some help if our surgeries are too close together.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-15

oh my...the 'box' arrived today!! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Ellen, Carrie, Cathy, Laura and Donna for putting this quilt together! And thank you to all of you that sent heart blocks!

Words cannot express how lovely this quilt turned out! I need to find some time to snap a few photos so y'all can see.

There are a few blocks that will get added to the back.. 

There was also a pillowcase tucked inside - thank you Laura! (and thank you Judy A for the fabric!) 

I will feel the love whenever its wrapped around me...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-15

I'm so glad it arrived safely!  Mailing quilts is the one thing that I am absolutely paranoid about.

Looking forward to seeing the photos!

bornblesse2

Jul-15

Yippee!  Glad it arrived and that you are happy to be wrapped in It!

It was put together with love, hugs, and well wishes!

DD moved out last month so I am the only one here right now.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-16

So glad it arrived safely and in time for your treatments.  We were all happy to contribute our time and talents.  Hugs and prayers for you to tolerate your treatments and for their efficacy.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-16

Just chatted with Carolyn.  She's had a rough post-op time that is really unrelated to her surgery.  She is doing better.  Having PT/OT and a home health aide.  Slowly getting stronger.  One of these days she will be back on this forum.  Keep sending prayers and good wishes her way.

Yes, I e-mailed her a few days ago to let her know that we are standing by for word from her when she feels up to having visitors, and the Texas-Oklahoma team will embark on our long-awaited road trip to Kansas whenever she is ready for us.  Sounds like she still has a lot of work to do to build up her strength and stamina, but she is working hard to do that.  By the way, any others of y'all who are not in Texas or Oklahoma are welcome to join us too.  Patty and I started this idea of a road trip a long time ago, with me driving from San Angelo to Patty's house in Tuttle, OK, and then she would drive us the rest of the way to Carolyn's house in KS.  Some others indicated they would like to join us.  We certainly didn't mean to leave anyone out.  Everything has just been so "up in the air" the past 18 months - you know how that goes.  But anyone else who wants to join in, we will figure out some way to get everyone there.  It totally depends on how Carolyn feels and when she is ready for company.  Depending on who else wants to join, we may have to develop a strategic plan, and we may have to get a motel room or two, but when Carolyn is ready, we will be ready.  Just know that everyone is welcome to join.  

viola (sissly4)

Jul-17

That  might be something for me to think about.I am not to far from Carolyn.Will see what happen when the time come.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-17

Yes, she is not ready for company yet.  I asked her where the 3 of you were going to sleep.  Bob and I were visiting once and Patty came.  She slept on a blow up in Carolyn's sewing room.  I plan to fly in sometime when she feels better and my shoulder is done and rehab is over.  In the meantime we visit by phone.