Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1893474 views.
viola (sissly4)

Jul-27

Cathy that other way  to look at bloom where ever you plant me. Well yesterday I went to a book club and join the group at the library .There were twenty five of us.Men and women.I am not a reader but I am going to start a new hobby. Their is nothing on t.v. I am a sport watcher. This also one way to get to know  people. And they also do other thing also like get to gather and eat some where or there is some intertainment going on.I met a lady that sew africa dresses.She invited me to come and help sew.So my first book is The Book That Matter the Most by Ann Hood.I read one chapter last night.

MelRN

Jul-27

Alexa can do it.

lppenguins

Jul-27

Viola, you just wow me, you’ve certainly bloomed there. Have fun in your new groups. 

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-28

Just.  Wow.

And when you go blind...  I'll drive to you!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-28

My goodness girlfriend!?!  You are taking to you new home and community so well and quickly.  This makes me so happy to know.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-28

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

We got here safe and everything got unaided. Just need to return U-haul today.

Oh, that's good.  But I'm sure you both are tired driving with a trailer that distance.  Now enjoy and relax.

you are making progress.   I know you'll be relieved when it's all done.  Packing up a house you've lived in a long time is overwhelming.  Is Mark letting you get rid of things?  I wish I could convince Ronnie to let some things go.  I feel bad for my daughter, all the junk she's going to have to deal with some day.  And she's just as sentimental as her dad so it will be even harder for her.  I'm hoping if we do end up building we can clean out some things.  Ronnie still thinks we will build but I'm not seeing ANY progress being made either here or there.  We're STILL trying to get a well test drill done.  For now we're going to build a workshop with water & electricity so it could be a hunting cabin if we end up selling instead.  Figure that will give him a bathroom and a place to starting moving STUFF out there.  And if we don't end up building it will add to the value of the land since much of it is deer lease in the area.

I am decluttering a lot of my stuff. It is easy to find a place to put things in a large house but I no longer want a big house so those things I don't use are going. The more I do the easier it gets. Mark is not doing as well getting rid of stuff but we are not done yet.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-29

Hope you enjoy the books.  I know you will enjoy the group and other activities.  I hope you will still be able to get around when winter comes.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-29

We got rid of tons of stuff in preparation to move to smaller house.  Bob doesn't hoard stuff.  I tend to keep more.  They did the garage while I was working so I don't know how much the threw away or took to the thrift shop.  That is probably best.  Then we got rid of the "why did we move that here" stuff when we moved in.  It has been almost 3 years and I'm cleaning out closets, etc. and letting go of the things I have not used in the 3 years.  MY closet is almost done and is now a pleasure to look at.blush  That makes me want to keep going on purging more.