Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1885561 views.
latterberry

Jul-30

I enjoyed your story!  I got rid of all my sewing patterns years ago.  There is no way I would ever see  size 3 again..  We have the same humidity problem here in Illinois.  That and age, pregnancies, and lack of will power.  

Since I retired back in 2014, I really haven't been clothes shopping that much.  Just give me jeans and t-shirt/sweatshirts and I,m content.  A few days ago I took my DIL and granddaughter for our annual school clothes shopping.  DIL just got hired as an aid at the elementary school so she needed something new too.  We went to Kohls and I was amazed at how retro everything looked.  Many of the same fabrics and styles I remember wearing "back in the day".  If I still had the clothes in my closet that were there many years ago, I would be right in style! Let's just hope those tent dresses from the 70s never come back.  

latterberry

Jul-30

I could have fit right in that photo too!  And guess what I found at Kohls--those body shirts that snapped at the crotch.  We may have worn those low slung hip huggers, but we didn't show belly.

latterberry

Jul-30

My hair was like that too.  I remember pulling it up into a high pony tail and rolling it around orange juice cans since they were the biggest rollers I could use.  Took forever to dry and I don't know how I possible slept that way, but it did straighten out the curls.

That photo looks much like a wedding I was in back in the 70s.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

latterberry said:

those body shirts that snapped at the crotch. 

Oh man, I found some of those from my college days, altho I sewed them myself.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I have patterns from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and beyond.  Lisa was thrilled to be able to look through actual "retro" patterns and not reproductions! 

LOL, I still have patterns I used or bought from the 80's,  bought on sale and some I used, some I just wanted to use.  I really need to thin the herd, I also have baby patterns, but those I use sometimes, when I make clothes as gifts for other people (doesn't happen often).  Glad she found some she liked.

latterberry

Jul-30

LOL!  You didn't want to wait to the last minute to go to the bathroom!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-30

and God forbid...you were on your monthly...sigh...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

latterberry said:

And guess what I found at Kohls--those body shirts that snapped at the crotch.  We may have worn those low slung hip huggers, but we didn't show belly.

You got that right!    I even still HAVE those body shirt patterns!   They were absolutely AWESOME with jeans.   They obviously stayed tucked in and gave you such a *sleek* silhouette with the hip huggers!   Ahhhh ... youth is wasted on the young.  :-)

judyinohio

Jul-30

My DD used to get so angry with me when I would mutter that.

Now that she is 50 she understands.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

latterberry said:

LOL!  You didn't want to wait to the last minute to go to the bathroom!

Ha Ha, that's right!!