Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1881220 views.
MelRN

Aug-7

Praying for you! ???????? (((HUGS)))

MelRN

Aug-7

That's what I thought. I was required to find coverage for all the patients. I took 2 days, so it wasn't too bad, but boy was I irritated. That's a boss job, I think

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-8

I'm so glad Lisa got to come for a visit!  I am delighted to hear how she appreciated so many of you retro/vintage patterns!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-9

I also had a Gunne Sax dress.  When we were dating (after many years...) my *now* DH took me to the Gunne Sax factory outlet in SF and I bought a pale yellow dress very similar to the one you showed.  They were totally Princess-type dresses and one felt so girlie in them.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-9

Suze, Your pillowcase and quilt are just delightful.  May your comfort quilt help you feel the hugs and thoughts that continue for you!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-9

Oh my Sandy.  I will be praying for both Roger's feet and a continued good solution and for your overall being well and strong enough to deal with the pain as a result of being his caregiver too.  You are such an inspiring example to so many!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-9

lppenguins said...

I had Chemo #3 Wednesday and the shot for white blood cells yesterday. That’s the worst part. Only 1 more to go at the end of August. Yay!

Wow, you are really moving along the treatment path.  Praying this recovery cycle is a bit easier for you.  

lppenguins

Aug-9

Thanks Judy. I keep one foot in front of the other. Lol. 
I need another nap

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-9

lppenguins said:

I need another nap

yup...one of those hazards of treatment...occasionally I just cannot keep my eyes open a minute longer...this afternoon just might be one of them. 

I had my second Zometa (bone strengthener) infusion  a week ago Wednesday and it's still kicking my butt...but not quite as hard as the first one.

As long as we can - we keep on keeping on..

nylaagain

Aug-10

The shot will be much less painful if you ask them to warm it first. I used to just stick the vial under my arm while checking them in. I suppose you could just wrap it in a warm blanket but I always had my arms handy and a pocketful of swabs. Cold fluid hurts going in, warm not so much. Patients also reported fewer body aches after but still low energy. I don’t know what physiological reason would decrease the bony aches after but many said it did. You too Suze. I doubt any nurse wouldn’t take the time to get it to body temp but it’s one of those things you learn after 30 years or so of listening to patients and there are lots of young nurses out there.