Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1928315 views.

That is the down side of selling - you have to get something else that is just as expensive right now.  It is awfully nice to have some projects done.  I am happy every time I go in our remodeled bathroom.  But it does make you appreciate why hiring a painter is so expensive - painting cabinets it is hard and time consuming work.

I kind of wish DH would be happy with this place, but he is still wanting to build on the land - eventually.  My worry is it will take so long he'll be too old to maintain it.  We finally got some test holes drilled for a well with no luck.  So now he's looking at hauled water - meaning someone delivers water to a tank.  this is getting more and more rustic.... who knows where this will end up.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-15

Good to see you back on the forum.  Glad you are slowly getting back to normal.  I'll talk to you soon.

viola (sissly4)

Aug-15

I am sorry to hear that you had to go thru all this but am glad the doctor discovery the problem and fix it.Glad you are feeling better and will be able to sew again soon.

bornblesse2

Aug-15

I finally added borders to my quilt from Rays improve strip class.

now to get a box of quilts off to Mishii so that she can play!

Hopefully you will get your property figured out. Yes as we are getting older priorities begin to change. Maybe a get away cabin to just go to relax.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-15

Carolyn, I am SO happy to hear from you!  I can't imagine the physical pain that you had been going through and am very glad that your surgery & pain meds have conquered it!

It must have been quite a mental challenge for you to move to the assisted living facility, even knowing it was going to be temporary BUT it's probably a really good thing that you did.  Having George at your home to look after it and the dogs must have taken a large weight off your mind.

And now you have a new regimen of PT to continue doing .... you need to keep moving and keep flexible!  Just keep in mind that the next Retreat is just around the corner!  :-)

Glad you're back on the forum.  You sound soooooo much better! ((hugs))

MelRN

Aug-15

I'm glad you're feeling better and he's working on weaning you; sounds like a wise doc. <3

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-16

((((Carolyn))))  You sure have been through the ringer.  I'm so very glad you can immediately say your back has NO PAIN and the surgery worked!!!  Medications that do so much to help us and it is very hard to imagine how they can be a detriment to us too.  Thank goodness to a diligent doctor willing to take the time to find a reason and solution for you.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-17

I talked to Carolyn yesterday.  She called to tell me that she put on makeup for the first time since her surgery yesterday!  That's when you know she is getting better.

viola (sissly4)

Aug-17

I stop putting on make up a year ago. I am glad she is feeling better.