Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1920212 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-12

Have a great and safe trip back to CO.  Sounds like you did much more work at your home in NM.  It's winding down though...  it has to at some point.  Your table sounds stunning to have the luster of the original oak refinished one again.  I hope you can enjoy that for a long time.  

I will let you know when we get back.  We are kind of longing to get away from the craziness and poor air quality in CA right now.  AND, we have to hear about or get junk mail about this Gov Newsome recall election.  I know how my ballot will be marked so I just want all the "stuff" to STOP already.  The petition to recall was overwhelmingly signed so people seem to know how they want to proceed to let's just do this and be DONE.

Sorry...  end of rant...

We will be traveling to ATL 9/30 to 10/5 to see DJ for Family Weekend (the 1st chance since he's been attending) so we are looking forward to that.  DJ even seems to be excited we are coming and staying a couple of extra days.  We are still waiting word from CO on a couple of outstanding items.  When we get that status then we can plan our dates to FtCo so I can book tickets and let you know.  

We are getting the smoke from California both in Colorado and New Mexico. Some days it is really bad and you can't see the mountains, sometimes not real bad. I can imagine how bad it must be where you are.

We are keeping an eye on the recall too.

bornblesse2

Sep-12

That’s funny !  Dee absolutely is the queen of prepping!

enjoy your time sewing with friends!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-14

Update:

Today is 4 weeks since my surgery.  PT is going slowly but well.  No active motion of my shoulder until 6 weeks.  No pain except with stretching a an occasional "pinch".  I can use my right forearm so I'm able to do a few things.  I'm driving short distances with 1 hand.  Hardest thing is to put the key in the steering column.  Still can't sew.  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Bob is also doing better slowly.  He has severe cabin fever.  He never was one to sit still for long.

Still difficult to type on my computer.  I am reading.

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-14

whoohoo...sounds like progress for both of you..

Constant improvement for both of you. Glad to hear you two are both healing. Hopefully Bob can figure something to make the cabin fever bearable.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-14

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Still difficult to type on my computer.

Voice to text!   That could be very entertaining!  LOL!

MelRN

Sep-15

Sorry that you've still got restrictions, but I'm glad you're both on the mend!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-16

I have tried that.  The text turns out to be not exactly what I said.  That can be a problem sometimes and "entertaining" at other times.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-17

How can it be that, with ALL the fabric I have, I do NOT have a light hued turquoise that is needed for a specific unit in this project?  I have plenty of dark and medium turquoise ... but extremely little light and certainly not in the amount that I need.  How very annoying.

So, I visited a local quilt store that had recently relocated to a new store front.  Very nice new place.  I found two potential fabrics and bought some of both.  The one I not chosen won't go to waste. :-)