Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 503670 views.
judyinohio

12/5/17

And who chose that pattern, Ms. Pirate?

Midkid5

12/5/17

Yes, even if no label, I sign them.  My machine has the abcs as one of its decorative stitches, there are thirty spaces just enough for

Xxxxy Grandma Collection 2017.

I use a thread of similar color so you have to look to find it.  Put it usually in the border after the quilting is done.  I started this very early in my quilt making.  Oldest DGD baby quilt wasn't sign as it was made before current machine, she asked to have signed even tho she no longer used it.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/5/17

Oh, someone with lofty ambitions. ??

Suze (casuzenn)

12/5/17

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I am SO tired of appliqueing thousands of double-pointed leaves. I have, at last estimate, thousands more to go.

I love leaves...

It will look gorgeous when its done...

rsinn

12/5/17

Thanks Debra.   Nope, not going to be a Grandma yet  ....... sigh .........  My "other" daughter (DD#1's BFF)  has 2 little ones and I have made baby quilts for them.  They moved to Ca. this summer and their new home was threatened by the Sonoma fires, so I'm making the little ones new quilts.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/5/17

Suze (casuzenn) said:

It will look gorgeous when its done...

Yep, whenever that will be.  And that's why it's a "Forever Project".

ALTHOUGH, I do wish Forever would hurry up and arrive because I have my next Forever Project all picked out!  :-)

judyinohio

12/5/17

Judy's Rule For California Forum Members:  You may have only one "Forever Project"  per decade.

(I just made that up but it seems perfectly sensible to this midwesterner.)

I feel for you. I guess that is why it is a forever project. One of my retreat projects will be putting together my tree of life quilts. Once the top is completed I will do a winding vine around the outside with leaves. I will likely be hating leaves too at some point.

On the other hand your quilt will be amazing once finished.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/5/17

judyinohio said:

Judy's Rule For California Forum Members:  You may have only one "Forever Project"  per decade. (I just made that up but it seems perfectly sensible to this midwesterner.)

Hmmm.     My very first Forever Project took 10 years.   That was ..ummm... 20 years ago.  I've had several Forever Projects since then.  Some have taken "less than" Forever. :-)   

If we use a decade based on Jupiter's annual numbers, I'm doing pretty good. 

But, since I have been known to bend a few rules over the years, I summarily reject your new rule.  Which as Capt Jack Sparrow (a personal hero of mine.  I'm sure we must be related)  has observed, are only "guidelines".  :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/5/17

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

On the other hand your quilt will be amazing once finished.

"Hope Springs Eternal"  :-)