Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 606538 views.
In reply toRe: msg 189
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/15/17

I have astonished myself.  In digging through my Piles of Creative Chaos, I rediscovered an almost finished UFO from probably sometime in 2016.   I remember seeing the fabric on the sale table ... and goodness knows I can hardly resist a sale.  Imagine how much money I'm saving by purchasing the item *on sale*!!!  (Doesn't matter that I wasn't looking for it in the first place.  THINK OF THE SAVINGS!)

So, this fabric was a printed ribbon stripe in almost but not exactly Christmas colors.   This is the kind of ribbon stripe that is sorta intended to be cut apart and reassembled.  I cut a bunch of equilateral triangles from it and made a spiral design table runner and a hexagon design  table runner, as well as placemats.   I don't remember the name of the pattern off-hand but once you see it, you'll probably recognize it as being very popular in the past.   

Yeah .. that's me ... right on top of all the latest fashion trends!  :-)  

All the piecing had been done and all of the placemats had even been quilted; 4 had been bound!  All that was left to be done was bind the remaining 2 placemats, quilt and bind the table runners.  I probably got distracted or interrupted when I was originally working on them and (obviously) never got back to them.   The quilting was done on my Janome 6500 with a walking foot and is strictly straight line quilting along the "divisions" of the ribbon stripes.  Couldn't be simpler.

Anyway, here is the placemat pattern.  I made 6 of these.

Here's table runner #1:

and table runner #2:

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/15/17

I enjoy machine applique also.  Never got the hang of doing it by hand.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/15/17

Glad you found that UFO.  It was so close to being done, it would have been a shame to make it wait any longer.

latterberry

12/16/17

Very pretty, Shelley!  Did you post a photo of these back when you started them?  They look familiar.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/16/17

I very well could have ... only I don't remember when I did start them .. and I'm too lazy right now to do any research to find out.  LOL!

judyinohio

12/16/17

Very handsome, Pirate.  I like those kinds of projects where the fabric does most of the work and clever piecing finishes the job.

Those last two look really complex. They are stunning.

rsinn

12/16/17

Nice table runners.

Suze (casuzenn)

12/16/17

I remember you starting those...inspired me to start one of my own..only I don't have the right ruler...bah...I have the fabric pinned together along the stripes..

once i either get the right ruler or figure out how to cut it with the ones I have, I should be in business!!

Sounds like a project to retreat. Bet you can get it figured out there.