Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 606494 views.

Looks like a great use of recycling something. I bet it is fun to go thru those from time to time and enjoy all your creations.

Very cool tool. Hopefully you will not need to use it very often.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/15/19

Thought you were saving that for "show and tell"?  It did come out beautiful, no matter what struggles you had.

After spending the entire morning on my blue and orange wonkey quilt layout I have my final arrangement. I had some background blocks to cut and ended up wasting fabric trying a few different options. Wouldnt you know it many of the fabrics I could have used are (yep you guessed it) in Colorado..........the story of my life lately. So I dug into the stash (and yes there is now quite the mess to clean up) and tweaked things till I liked it. Now I love it and am ready to sew it together. it is going to be 90x60 so a pretty big quilt.

Before I sew my blocks I need to load a quilt on the longarm for my cousin and get that sucker quilted and outta here so I can work on my stuff again.

I do feel like I am making great progress with my projects but need to keep on track as I have limited time here to use the longarm and have most of my stash in one place.

Suze (casuzenn)

5/16/19

that is looking very toasty!! 

ya know...I see a heart in the center-ish...

Suze (casuzenn)

5/16/19

what a nice tool! and what a nice son to make it for you...cute name!

Suze (casuzenn)

5/16/19

Can't wait to see the blue and orange wonky....I like your blue and orange quilts!

Thanks, I seem to on a blue and orange binge, about every other quilt is blue and orange. I hot pretty far piecing the top last night. Got all the rows done and the there rows sewn together. At 11 pm I called it a night and hit the sack. It will be an easy finish todsy.  I need to get some batting for this as I am gonna double bat, so need a softer bat  for the top. As soon as my cousins quilt comes off the machine this will be next. I got one row of quilting on the cousins quilt and it was pretty fast so hopefully a day or two.

Standing at the longarm can be hard on the back if I have not done it for awhile.

Suze (casuzenn)

5/16/19

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

Standing at the longarm can be hard on the back if I have not done it for awhile.

oh...I bet! take it easy....

Mishii said:

I have spent several months staring at Sandy's quilt paralyzed with indecision.  Oh the guilt. 

just do what your gut tells you. And don’t feel guilty, it’s not like I need it soon!  Enjoy your PTO. 

Weren’t you going to Patty’s to help her? Hehe.