Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 498820 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

2/2/20

Thanks.  Its my currrent Forever Project, so it doesn't matter to me when it gets done.

bornblesse2

2/2/20

A ladder stitch......I remember hearing that name, but not the stitch.  You might need to show me at retreat.

latterberry

2/3/20

Wow!  That hexie quilt is so stunning!  You really do amazing work.  I know my eyesight would not let me do that much hand sewing, so I'm very impressed with all the hand sewing you do.  

I am enjoying seeing what people are sewing.  even more because I haven't been able to do much sewing, other than my forever project.  I did work on said forever project for a while at a Superbowl get together yesterday.  I have to sew at least a little during the Superbowl, it's tradition.  I am keeping my current forever project a bit under wraps for now.  It is a just for fun project for my sewing room I think you guys will like.  And it won't take years like the others.  Building the suspense...  Maybe I need a deadline/goal - top finished by end of March.  We will see if I can accomplish that.

I think I missed the explanation, why "smooshed"?

MarciainMD

2/3/20

Thank you for all your information.  The Youtube videos were so much more helpful than text would have been.  I'm anxious to try it now!  I think I'll cut a few out by hand to make sure I even like the project and if I do I'll think seriously think about the Fiskars punch.  That's a great idea.

MarciainMD

2/3/20

Thanks Suze.  That will be something to think about after I learn if I enjoy working on hexies.

MarciainMD

2/3/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I am keeping my current forever project a bit under wraps for now. 

So you're keeping in suspense?!