Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 532179 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

2/4/20

and you are correct about the cost!!

now I gotta try to find PVA without sticky...hum...that is in the 10-20 buck range on Amazon...much better

and then I found this....

https://www.joann.com/bosal-stick-stitch-n-rinse-wash-away-stabilizer-10%2Fpkg-8.5x11/16842957.html

So yesterday I started two projects. Essentially cutting one out and sewing one. See, I had purchased a couple grab bags of batik strings here while back. However, they're not uniform in width or anything else...I'm not sure how the lady "cut" them...they don't look cut...all edges are damaged, but not bruised like they would be if ripped...I dunno. Not straight either. So, if they're wide enough to get a good block out of, I precut for a flying geese quilt I'm going to make. If not, I am doing a Chinese coin style quilt with the others. It uses them up and is efficient, though it looks like my sewing room threw up batik! LOL!!! 

MarciainMD

2/4/20

Thank you for the two project ideas.  Your bag is great and I really like the table runner.  Now to see if I actually like hand sewing all those hexies.

MarciainMD

2/4/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I might have mentioned it here, but it's been long enough we've all forgotten,.

It doesn't have to be a long time for me to forget something.unamused

MarciainMD

2/4/20

Suze (casuzenn) said:

higher than nuts on a giraffe

grinninggrinninggrinning!!!

I've found myself prefacing almost everything with "have I told you this already?"  Sometimes I imagine myself telling someone something and then "remember" having told them.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

2/4/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I've found myself prefacing almost everything with "have I told you this already?"  Sometimes I imagine myself telling someone something and then "remember" having told them.  

Geez, I do that in real life.  Very annoying.  But I honestly can't remember what fabulous, interesting, and fascinating piece of news I've told to which person!  My youngest DD has no problem in cutting me off  ("You've told me that, Mom.") which is OK with me cuz I have LOTS of fabulous, interesting, and fascinating pieces of news to relate to her (cue her rolling her eyes).  :-)   Other people are more polite and reticent to say so and let me ramble on.   :-)

I hate that look on people's faces about half way through a story, when you both realize you are repeating yourself.  I expected it in my 80's.  But Not late 50's!