Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 636918 views.
Mishii

3/21/20

LABFIEND said:

MISHII made that quilt! 

The only thing I made at retreat was the quilt from hell.  Ellen sent me home with homework because I didn't finish the other one.

LABFIEND

3/21/20

Mishii said:

LABFIEND said: MISHII made that quilt!  The only thing I made at retreat was the quilt from hell.  Ellen sent me home with homework because I didn't finish the other one.

You just forgot, cause I sure didn't make it.  You just forgot,  I know it was you, I think, if not you then who?!!

bornblesse2

3/21/20

yea Cathy, that looks great!

bornblesse2

3/21/20

I am cutting up flannel scraps for quilt kits.

i getting tired of doing it.  It must be time to sew.

Who was it that was wanting tutorial for the on-point quilt?

Here is Jenny Doan's tutorial.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyd3jbTXRS0 

Another YouTube quilter, teaquilts, also has this similar tutorial.  (She has a LOT of good video tutorials and other videos.)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al_VYQRoQ3A  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/21/20

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Who was it that was wanting tutorial for the on-point quilt?

That would have been me.  Thanks for both links.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/21/20

Do these charm-squares-on-point tops *always* turn out square?   I was watching Jenny Doan and she did a 6x12 row top, cut to make a square.   The quilter in the other video made a 5x7 row top, cut to make a square.

I haven't looked at the math nor at the row layouts, but is there a row layout that yields a rectangular on-point top?  (Yes, I'm being lazy by not doing it myself but why reinvent the wheel if someone else has already burned out their brain cells doing it?  :-)  )

I wondered too, because Jenny said the original top BEFORE CUTTING should be twice as long as it is wide - in her case, 6 X 12 (blocks of whatever size).  But evidently that is not mandatory because Tea's was 5 X 7.  So, I can't quite wrap my head around it yet.  

judyinohio

3/21/20

You could work it out with drawing lines on a piece of graph paper.

I could do it for you but it is almost 11 PM here in Ohio and I have had a busy day with DD visiting for DH's birthday this afternoon and I'm too lazy to think for you ....