Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 636298 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

3/24/20

it was Viola that did the squares to on point top....hers did not have the same color in the ones that end up as triangles..but it turned out looking beautiful....

latterberry

3/25/20

That's funny.  I am working on some pink and green floral blocks right now.  They are 12 inch blocks that I'm quilting and will put together quilt as you go.  I have scads of floral fabric that I took a notion to work on.  I sew a sashing on my quilted blocks and hand stitch them together.  I donate some of my quilts to the cancer center for the patients going through chemo so this one will head that way when finished.

Are you guys in Canada on "shelter in place? So many activities have been curtailed, but we can still go to the grocery store and many other places.  It seems to bring out the good in many people by reaching out to help others, but then there are the ones that cause problems by hoarding and being vocal about what the government should be doing.  It's crazy.  I'm glad I have my quilting hobby to keep isolated and busy.  My neighbor is a very social person with no hobbies and she is going nuts.  

Hi there!

Yes, that's funny, even more so as I've got some 14 in. pink and green floral blocks completed, in a Dutchman's Puzzle design.  Also going to do quilt as you go, but in two columns.  Will involve some hand sewing, but I don't mind that.

Like you, we can go to the grocery store, pharmacy and other "essential" places.  For example:  pet supply stores, dry cleaners, etc.  We can still buy wine, and also cannabis for those who are so inclined.  Mind you, if this keeps up for a month or two, I can see a lot more people heading for the cannabis store ....

Anyone who has a captivating hobby is so lucky at this time.  I too have a neighbor who is going nuts.  She's a school teacher and lives on her own.  No hobbies.  A bit depressed.  I try to get her to walk with me.  She'll be retiring in about 5 years, and was saying that this is making her realize that she'll go crazy when she retires.  I keep telling her that now's the time to actively seek a hobby or two, and start doing it.  That way, she'll look forward to retiring and having more time for her hobby/hobbies.

Looking forward to seeing your green/pink floral quilt !

So glad that I have hobbies! I can see where people without hobbies are going nuts but there are still things to do like reading, cooking, organizing stuff and cleaning, starting a journal, calling your friends, learning something new like a language.

Msg 3006.3472 deleted
Mishii said:

The only thing I made at retreat was the quilt from hell.  Ellen sent me home with homework because I didn't finish the other one.

Again?

Mishii

3/25/20

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said:

Again?

Always

Mishii said:

Find a permanent spot for your Accuquilt

I wish I had a permanent spot for mine. It seems permanently closed up ; (

latterberry

3/26/20

Well, when we both get our pink and green quilts finished, we will have to have a show and tell!  I'm taking a bit of a break and working on making some face masks for our local hospital had read that the home made ones weren't really effective, but the hospital is actually asking for them. Of course, we quilters have plenty of scraps to work with!

Yes, your neighbor will have to come up with some type of hobby that she enjoys or go crazy.  I worked for our school district for 28 years and was more than ready to retire.  I enjoy solitude.  I grew up an only child on a farm with the closest kid miles away and I live in the country now with a workaholic husband so I am pretty used to being alone.  I don't mind at all and if I have to be around too many people for too long, I get a bit crazy.  My neighbor complains about being bored, but I must admit that I'm never bored--too many things I like to do.  That may change when I'm no longer able to do them!