Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 479433 views.

washing windows while she took care of the baby

Wow!!! 

LABFIEND

4/11/20

latterberry said:

She came to stay after the birth of our first son and 4 days after getting home from the hospital she had me out washing windows while she took care of the baby.

I would have kept the baby and let HER wash the windows-LOL

latterberry

4/11/20

You didn't know my mother--you do as you are told and no arguments!

judyinohio

4/11/20

Those house blocks are super-special, Lynne.  What a clever idea!!

judyinohio

4/11/20

My mom was also a total clean freak but not as bad as yours. Her attitude was more of a "house proud" kind of thing because she grew up so poor. As an adult she was proud of having nice things so they had to be kept absolutely spotless. My DM would hum and sing as she did the housework, something I never understood. I'll bet your mom did her housework with grim determination.  LOL

Gosh ... that's pretty intense .... out washing windows four days out of hospital ...

I did some low-key spring cleaning when first married.  I remember calling my sister-in-law and we'd discuss our "progress" ... Like you, I toned it down a lot when the kids arrived.

Your little houses are so cute!  Have to say that I share your hope that it doesn't turn into king-size quilt ...

Happy Easter!

latterberry

4/11/20

judyinohio said:

I'll bet your mom did her housework with grim determination

You got that right!

Midkid5

4/11/20

Neat idea, cute blocks

Jo

Mishii said:

Give me some ideas please!

And that is why I started making improv quilts. I just began with colors and then shapes and a set of self imposed rules to put it together............kinda fun and very addicting. I know it is not for everyone but for me I have been making improv quilts for over 10 years, well even longer because my first was during the art image challenge way back. Great way to begin is with the scrap bin and just mess around.

Lynne what a cool idea to make little house blocks with all the things in the doorways...........kinda sad too. Just hope your quilt stays small.

I have been so unmotivated to sew. I have done a little but it has now been days since I used the machine................just can't get in gear.