Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 504384 views.
judyinohio

4/11/20

A lot of us feel that way, Ami.

Like a dark cloud is hanging over our heads ....

Suze (casuzenn)

4/11/20

your house blocks are adorable..

hope its a small quilt too!

5dogmom (CRISR5)

4/11/20

Your tiny houses are adorable!

Cris in MT

Trying to focus on anything seems a bit hard lately. Today I forced myself to copy and make a few adjustments to a pants pattern I was very excited to try a couple of months ago. It is one that I got a great blue linen fabric for at SAS during the retreat. So now I am gonna make a trial pair in some other fabric to see if it needs more adjustments before I cut into the nice linen fabric. I hope to get the first pair sewn up this coming week. Once they are done I hope to be more excited to cut into the linen and hopefully will have enough fabric for a top as well, not that I will wear the pants and top together but who knows.

Mishii

4/11/20

I'm playing with my serger.  I forgot how fun they are.

I don't really know how to use it, but my tension is great right now so I'm running with it.  I'm doing a QAYG and it is super duper fast with a serger.

I have to figure out how to put the rows together, but that will come later.

Suze (casuzenn)

4/11/20

QAYG...you put the rows together the same as you put the blocks into the rows...just longer strips of fabric...

bornblesse2

4/12/20

Mishii, glad your are taking a break from day to day things!

i finally sewed a few pping blocks for a quilt class that I was doing before all this.  I really should play at laying out the blocks, but I just don’t have the mojo to do it.

but, happy easter every one!  I am just now deciding a food menu.  I have a few eggs on to boil.  Guess I will go take a shower.

LABFIEND

4/12/20

I was making masks this morning and thought-gee, maybe I better cook something for Easter!!  LOL, so I got a half ham out of the freezer to thaw and am making bread.

Now, back to masks!!

Mishii

4/12/20

LABFIEND said:

Now, back to masks!!

I'm back to masks.  New use for the serger.....the ties!

I needed black ties and didn't have a black tshirt handy.  Just cut 1" strips and serged them up.  Woohoo!

Why don't I use this thing more?

bornblesse2

4/12/20

That sounds right!  Hubby came in from outside and asked what I was doing. I  Said that organized food for later and showered, and was cutting out masks.  Then in replying to me TWICE he referred to a BIG meal....I had to set him straight and say, nope, just a meal!  Don’t be expecting all day cooking!

lol,,,a small ham, I boiled some eggs to make deviled eggs, making a Box mix of lemon bars. Oh, and potatoes, maybe scalloped, maybe not!  That’s it....no big meal!