Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 507377 views.
Mishii

4/11/20

I'm playing with my serger.  I forgot how fun they are.

I don't really know how to use it, but my tension is great right now so I'm running with it.  I'm doing a QAYG and it is super duper fast with a serger.

I have to figure out how to put the rows together, but that will come later.

Suze (casuzenn)

4/11/20

QAYG...you put the rows together the same as you put the blocks into the rows...just longer strips of fabric...

bornblesse2

4/12/20

Mishii, glad your are taking a break from day to day things!

i finally sewed a few pping blocks for a quilt class that I was doing before all this.  I really should play at laying out the blocks, but I just don’t have the mojo to do it.

but, happy easter every one!  I am just now deciding a food menu.  I have a few eggs on to boil.  Guess I will go take a shower.

LABFIEND

4/12/20

I was making masks this morning and thought-gee, maybe I better cook something for Easter!!  LOL, so I got a half ham out of the freezer to thaw and am making bread.

Now, back to masks!!

Mishii

4/12/20

LABFIEND said:

Now, back to masks!!

I'm back to masks.  New use for the serger.....the ties!

I needed black ties and didn't have a black tshirt handy.  Just cut 1" strips and serged them up.  Woohoo!

Why don't I use this thing more?

bornblesse2

4/12/20

That sounds right!  Hubby came in from outside and asked what I was doing. I  Said that organized food for later and showered, and was cutting out masks.  Then in replying to me TWICE he referred to a BIG meal....I had to set him straight and say, nope, just a meal!  Don’t be expecting all day cooking!

lol,,,a small ham, I boiled some eggs to make deviled eggs, making a Box mix of lemon bars. Oh, and potatoes, maybe scalloped, maybe not!  That’s it....no big meal!

Suze (casuzenn)

4/12/20

I have a lamb roast - that will go on in a couple hours...made eggs for deviled eggs, a small portion of mint gelatine (we love the taste of mint with lamb but don't eat jarred mint jelly anymore...) I am making a tangerine cake and maybe an apple gallete... lamb will be served with roast potatoes and we need to eat up the asparagus...should have PLENTY of leftovers for the next few days!

I LOVE my serger and use it for lots of stuff.  I have TWO Babylock sergers -- Evolve and Enlighten.  LOVE! 

LABFIEND

4/12/20

Mishii said:

Why don't I use this thing more?

Because you have to drag it out?  I have to drag mine out and when it sews good it sews good, but the tension is a bugger to adjust.

I should give mine a place so I can use it!  Jonna loves hers.

LABFIEND

4/12/20

I am doing a small ham. scalloped potatoes and mixed veggies (what I had!), and homemade bread-one loaf is almost gone.  Nothing better that an end piece of homemade bread fresh out of the oven with butter on top!!!