Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 611288 views.
Suze (casuzenn) said:

could you order some thread that would match?

Well I could order thread but usually at the least I could run to town and buy what I want, swatches in hand so I can match the colors just right. Just ranting and I will get over it. It is just frustrating that serger and button hole foot are also not here either. I may pull out a quilting project tomorrow. I did find something in a keeper box today that perked my interest so I may just switch gears and do some piecing as I just use grey or beige thread for that.

Very cool! I was working on a 9 patch/snowball quilt, but I took a break on it to work on organizing the garage, and now I'm working on the sewing room again. :) 

We have kinda cold weather. I was planning to overseed the yard this week, but it got up to 40's...and windy as heck. Oh, well!

Suze (casuzenn)

4/14/20

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

Well I could order thread but usually at the least I could run to town and buy what I want, swatches in hand so I can match the colors just right.

Don't you be going into any stores - Not right now!! I would try to match as best I could with a color chart...if you have a brand you like...and have any spool available, you can calibrate your monitor with it (hold it up to the monitor and adjust the color so it matches)...and then get a pretty good match on the color you need...

Nope I will not be going to any stores. Just need to figure out what I can work on. I might just bring the quilt project upstairs and work on that. Also still have boxes to repack and that would be good to just have done.

The snow looks really pretty now that we have blue skies again. It will likely melt pretty fast.

sueinIL

4/14/20

Judy, I was noodling about on pinterest a couple days ago, and came across "Shattered."  Have you started that one yet?  Show us your progress!

Sue in IL

Shattered is in my "to do" list, too! :) 

sueinIL

4/14/20

I love it, too, but after doing 2 quilts with mega numbers of HSTs, I'm out of the game for that one.

Sue in IL

judyinohio

4/14/20

No, I have not started a quilting project. I am working on a 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle I picked up on impulse while on a grocery shopping trip instead. It is as boring as all get out but it is not stressful on my shoulders.  I do not normally work "scenic" puzzles but this was all that was on the puzzle shelf and I said to myself "Why not?" and grabbed it.

I've never done a 2,000  piecer before and it is taking forever.

I might wind up pitching it in the wastebasket someday.

sueinIL

4/14/20

Nonono! Don't pitch it!  Just leave it alone for a bit; eventually it will call you back.  I have only done 1,000 piece ones; the latest was national parks of the US. Very colorful and descriptive. It's dismantled now, but I think I'll give it to our new library when libraries get to be open again.

Sue in IL

5dogmom (CRISR5)

4/14/20

Judy,

Paraphrasing what I read once about crossword puzzles, that they do not have to be completed to be enjoyable and provide satisfaction to the person working them.  I think the same thing can be said about jigsaw puzzles.

Cris in MT