Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 498745 views.

I got so much done today.

I did some exercise today for 30 min...........this might not sound like a big deal but before "shelter in place" I was going to the gym three days a week and did a 1 1/2 hour pretty intensive workout. I have not exercised since we came to New Mexico so this is great...........just need to make it a habit again now.

I did a pretty deep clean of the kitchen.........not perfect but not bad.

We finally got our big freezer in the garage going again..............shut it down 4 years ago and it also got a deep clean.

AND...............finally to the quilting for today.................I made 8 huge half square triangle blocks which will make two 30 inch giant pinwheels for the back of the t-shit quilt I finished piecing a couple of weeks ago. I did not have enough fabric for the backing but found a really large piece and these pinwheels will be perfect to stretch that fabric to make it enough and I do love pieced backings. Will continue piecing the back tomorrow.

latterberry

5/15/20

I absolutely love your color wheel!  Such beautiful color choices.  A color wheel has been on my bucket list too.  I just struggle with choosing colors. 

latterberry

5/15/20

I sure love the colors in your pretty block.  Looking forward to see how you finish it up.

LABFIEND

5/15/20

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

We finally got our big freezer in the garage going again..............shut it down 4 years ago and it also got a deep clean.

Glad your freezer started working after setting for 4 years.  we had a freezer once that set unplugged for more that 4 years and it didn't work when we started it back up.

latterberry said:

Such beautiful color choices.

Thanks Lynne, I used what I had, are the colors perfect choices? Some are really a far reach but it all works together. It was a really fast project when you look at the size and the amount of time it took to put together. If you really dedicated the time I think you could make this top in one day. I do want to make more carpenter wheels as I really just love the wow impact of that giant star shape in vibrant colors.

LABFIEND said:

Glad your freezer started working after setting for 4 years. we had a freezer once that set unplugged for more that 4 years and it didn't work when we started it back up.

We were not sure it was going to work, but it has not been moved since we shut it off. I am going to put stuff in there today and next time we go shopping we do not have to worry about fitting what we get at Costco in our side by side which holds a decent amount but it is packed like a tetrus puzzel when we shop and you can't find stuff in the back.

Thanks~ don't know why I couldn't type it or anything. LOL!!! 

Ami is cracking me up--girl, you took pics of yourself and pinned them so I keep seeing you all over pinterest. Bwahha!

latterberry

5/15/20

My DD was wanting a small freezer because her side by side doesn't really hold all that much.  I did not realize there was a freezer shortage!  Guess everyone is now stockpiling on frozen food and buying them up.  We looked absolutely everywhere and finally ordered one from an appliance dealer and it won't be in until July.  First it's toilet paper and now freezers.

bornblesse2

5/15/20

Shelley, I love watching your blocks come together!  I’m not tempted to start it yet!  Lol.....

but, it has been motivating me to finish up the sorting and reorganizing of my tubs in my sewing area.  And getting me to start thinking about what I should do with the largeStash Busting Stars you tempted me to EPP while in Europe.  I need to decide if I want to do more or make something small!  
oh, I just need to finish binding 1/2 side of the ufo quilt.  That will be done very soon.

keep posting.....

I believe people now think there is going to be a beef shortage; thus the freezer shortage, as people are now evidently hoarding frozen foods in addition to TP.