Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 532552 views.
Mel Harris (MelHarris1) said:

you took pics of yourself and pinned them so I keep seeing you all over pinterest.

I pinned them to my board called "My Creations" where I pin all the things I make for myself..............it is my visual record of things I make. I like to look at that board as I can see all those things at once.

latterberry said:

First it's toilet paper and now freezers.

There is also a shortage of sewing machines, elastic, fusible interfacing, etc. etc. etc.

I finally got the backing for the t-shirt quilt finished. I had a large piece of batik in a blue color that I got in a thrift store in Washington one day when I went thrifting with Misha. It was about 4 yards and I only paid $4.00 for the piece! It was not big enough for the backing so I pieced 2 giant pinwheels out of other coordinating fabrics and cut the big piece to go around the pinwheels. There are now only scraps of that giant piece of fabric left..............woot! The math for something like this is complex so I just started with two long sides, then I sewed the pinwheels. Next I did the math to see how much to add to the sides of those to fit between the long sides and went from there step by step. I could have done all the math at one time...............but when you have to take seam allowances into account it was easier to do it in steps..............so glad this is done. Now I can get this quilted as soon as I can get to my longarm machine. The binding is already made and ready to go.

Now I can put this one away and figure out what to work on next..............yes there will be some photos but I need my daughter to help me with that.

I just got another quilt posted on my blog. It is one of the ones from retreat.........the wonkey circles in shades of blues and tans.

https://enchantingquilts.blogspot.com

Midkid5

5/15/20

Can your next blog post be the wolf quilt? Please and thank you

Jo

Jo I went looking for the wolf quilt the other day because it needs a label and I wanted to get that done so I can give it to my daughter.  Well I could not find it and then remembered I took it to Colorado, sigh! I will have to wait till I go back up there. Sorry :(

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

5/16/20

Well, *this* Hollow Cube was a poor choice in fabrics.  For the 3D Illusion to work, you need highly contrasting fabrics.  I thought my dark was dark enough, in relation to the medium ... but ... the execution proved otherwise.  My dark and medium look too much alike and the illusion is lost.

I just now remembered that I have a piece of red plastic ... a product that was marketed as a "Ruby Beholder".  You look at your color choices through the red filter and it strips away the color, leaving only the hues? shades? <whatever> ... the *contrast*.   I need to start doing that to make sure that my 3 choices will result in a good hollow cube block.  Now, where the heck did I put that thing?

latterberry

5/16/20

I'm still making little houses for my quarantine quilt and sadly it is getting bigger than I intended.  I was hoping for a wall hanging, but it's too big for that now.  Surely, it can't get couch size! 

I love that Ruby Beholder gadget ... it's helped me make many a decision ...

Hope you find yours!

Hi there!

I'd bet on at least couch size !!!

Have a great day and stay safe.