Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 506579 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Mishii said:

We have a 2 story house and in one area the walls are the full 2 stories.

Hate to think of you being on a ladder up that high.  It's a job I would hire someone younger to do.   Oh, yeah.  You are younger than I.stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Mishii

5/17/20

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

You are younger than I.

I'm not young enough.  I leaned over the top railing and did the edging and was fine with that and I'm fine on the 8 foot ladder.  That big ladder though?  I did one section and was like, "Nope, I'm out."

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

Thank you Cathy...............I can't wait to see it quilted either, hopefully sooner than later.

bornblesse2

5/17/20

I’ve done the black and white to determine values.  When I discuss values in classes, it can be helpful for those that just can’t seem to see values.  Taking out the color helps them see in a different way.

sueinIL

5/18/20

I would call your blue and tan one "Sand Bars."  I love its wonkiness@

Sue in IL

Thanks Sue............yup it could be sandbars. When I pulled the fabrics I was thinking beach theme so that is perfect.

judyinohio

5/19/20

I have been working on two no-brainer quilts just to keep myself entertained during these days of being confined at home. One quilt project is 10 inch square string quilt blocks with diagonal strips; half are off-white scraps cut 1.5 inches wide the other half is a random mix of mostly darks and brights also cut 1.5 inches wide. I have no idea how large this quilt will be and no idea what the layout will become. It will just grow until I get tired of it.

Second project is a quilt pattern called "Color Mash-up" by Karen Griska that I purchased on Etsy. When I saw the pattern I realized I didn't really need to purchase it because it's a no-brainer but I did anyway just because I wanted to thank Karen for offering the idea. Here's the cover photo of Karen's  download:

As you can see, Karen has gotten lots of five star ratings on Etsy for her ideas for simple quilts.  My DD offered some of her leftover fabrics from her days of making baby quilts for her friends and so I had a slew of bright colors to chop up with my AccuQuilt GO machine. I am thinking that I will keep on stitching up oodles of these different sized squares until I swoon over Cecil Faye in exhaustion ...

Here are nine rows pinned to the design wall thus far.  (Are these rows or columns?  I forget.) Some are 6" wide, some are 5" wide, some are 3" wide, etc.

Hmmm ... I see I will have to separate two rows of 5" squares because I don't want them to be "matchy-matchy".

Judy looks like you have some fun projects to keep you outta trouble.................well I guess there is not much trouble to get into these days :{ I have been sewing a lot as well, for me mostly clothes.......................I sewed clothes when I was younger and forgot how much I enjoyed it so that is what I have been doing. I now have a new apron to wear while baking and cooking! Whipped that up yesterday.

bornblesse2

5/19/20

Now that looks like quite an idea!  I have lots of bits and pieces that could be done that way.  But,  I have just started the scrap busting mystery from scraps.

latterberry

5/20/20

I'm glad you hear you enjoying playing with the bright cheery colors of the mash up quilt.. It's going to be gorgeous!  It certainly must cheer up these rainy, gloomy confined days we have been having.  If you have need of any more brights, I will be glad so supply you with more.  It's also nice to work on something that doesn't require a lot of thinking and planning--at least for me it is.