Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 501313 views.
judyinohio

1/7/21

I should have put a smiley face on my comment.  I meant it as a compliment.

oh I took it that way.  I just thought you might not be sure of what I was meaning when I said hooked feathers.

Yes, I would do it for charity quilts, and *maybe* for certain gift quilts (i.e., to certain family members who may not be fully quilt-worthy but you make them something anyway  LOL).  

that's why I like the fleece so much - you can get 60" wide on sale for $4/yd and you don't have to use any batting.  Main down side is it's harder to peice if you need more than 60" wide.  I actually make some of those t-shirt quilts narrower intentionally so I wouldn't have to piece the back.

Suze (casuzenn)

1/7/21

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I have begun trying to work on that awful "bamboo" fabric we got at retreat for the challenge.

i worked on mine today and I think it might just end up being a WOMBAT... waste of material, batting and time...not coming out the way I wanted...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

1/7/21

And since I'm not participating in that challenge, I'm just sitting back and smiling.

Suze (casuzenn) said:

i worked on mine today and I think it might just end up being a WOMBAT.

that sounds frustrating. Maybe give it a rest and come back to it and see if you can problem solve it. That is a tough fabric to figure out for sure.

latterberry

1/8/21

I have a big ironing board and actually don't mind ironing, but if it is the yardage or backing fabric that is bigger than my boar--I hate it too.

latterberry

1/8/21

I've thought of doing tht.  I have a healthy stack of scrappy oversized lap quilts for the cancer center that need backs and lots of one +yard pieces of fabric I could put together.  I really do need to start using up these tubs of fabric.  Only thing holding me back is thinking about ironing those big backs.