Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 502391 views.
Suze (casuzenn) said:

i worked on mine today and I think it might just end up being a WOMBAT.

that sounds frustrating. Maybe give it a rest and come back to it and see if you can problem solve it. That is a tough fabric to figure out for sure.

latterberry

1/8/21

I have a big ironing board and actually don't mind ironing, but if it is the yardage or backing fabric that is bigger than my boar--I hate it too.

latterberry

1/8/21

I've thought of doing tht.  I have a healthy stack of scrappy oversized lap quilts for the cancer center that need backs and lots of one +yard pieces of fabric I could put together.  I really do need to start using up these tubs of fabric.  Only thing holding me back is thinking about ironing those big backs.  

thanks Lynne.  I'm excited to get it up on the wall.  I was struggling last night to decide on a binding.  Needed some quick input.  So I decided to ask my 24 year old son who has taken up sketching and painting.  Usually the guys in my house would have rolled their eyes.  but he took my question seriously and actually make a very good suggestion regarding the color that I hadn't considered.  I'm going to try it today and see how it works.  It was just strange to think of asking him an art related question.  he started painting as part of a fraternity project (painting one of those wooden plaques for a pledge) and he has REALLY gotten into it, has an entire workstation set up.  I was able to get him some painting related Christmas presents (brush cleaning thingy, airtight pallet, etc) that he was excited about.  Fun to have another craft related person in the family.

bornblesse2

1/8/21

Thanks for that Jo!  I am working my way through it.  The high

ight is getting these backings ready to go!  I got 3 of them all ready.  The next one is pressed and ready to seam.  My box of quilt tops will have lots of backings ready...yippee! The next several months will be so, so, so much easier!

bornblesse2

1/8/21

Those are good ideas.   I don’t sew long lengths together before hand, but that sure would work.  I have been collecting piles of various widths - I.e. 18”, 12”, etc. and however long they are.  I have taken one of those piles that got very tall, sewed them together, but I made 2 quilt tops from them.

i could start doing this with my maybe 1 yard pieces though.  Thanks for sharing!

bornblesse2

1/8/21

Yea, even my charity quilts I try as I can, to use at least something complimentary to the top!  But sometimes there just are what I have.

bornblesse2

1/8/21

That quilting looks really good!

Mishii

1/8/21

I like ironing too.  It's really my favorite part.