Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 604802 views.
NanaSuz

4/2/21

Judy your quilt is so bright and cheerful. I love the jelly roll colors. I also want to thank you for mentioning Donna Jordan. I have been reading through earlier posts on this forum to get caught up and saw that name several times. I was not familiar with her and did a Pinterest search. Oh my goodness, what a treasure. I'm so thankful to be back on this forum and already getting new ideas.

Thanks again, NanaSuz

judyinohio

4/2/21

NanaSuz, I know that many quilters use Pinterest but if you go to

https://jordanfabrics.com/

you will find more ideas that you can use in a couple of lifetimes. She offers classes, kits, precuts and more fabrics for sale than a human can possibly cope with.  LOL

judyinohio

4/2/21

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Never in my life have I made a **hand-pieced** baby quilt! It has always seemed to me to be way more work than was warranted. :-)

I say give this adorable quilt to a girl baby who will someday grow up to play mommy and wrap her baby doll up in this charmer of a quilt. Despite what the trends are now there are still little girls who want to play with baby dolls.

judyinohio

4/2/21

What a quilt factory you have going there!

NanaSuz

4/2/21

Thank you, Judy.

I'm going to check out your link. Lots of fun finding someone new that comes with good recommendations.

Enjoy our sunshine today.

NanaSuz

latterberry

4/3/21

Absolutely lovely little quilt, Judy. Your new pillow and this quilt would certainly add pizzazz to your white sofa.  I have a couple of jelly rolls I need to do something with.  Thanks for the idea.

judyinohio

4/3/21

Donna Jordan is the one who has the ideas .... check out her site.

I love watching Donna Jordan's YouTube videos. I saw one recently for a foolproof  double wedding ring, I need to order the ruler so I can make it for our little cousins wedding. She sent me some pictures of what she wants and there were lots of those in blues.

Mishii

4/3/21

I actually got to quilt some today. Wohoo!  Found out I’m awful at the stacked swirl thing. (I call them rainbow swirls-don’t know the real name. ) So I loaded another one and it is getting the same pattern. Surely by the time I do 2 whole quilts I’ll be better at it. If not, I have more tops waiting!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/3/21

Looks good.  Glad you got to empty that tub.  I'm sure there are many more.  The scraps multiply.  I'm trying to use up some of mine, too.