Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 499277 views.
judyinohio

4/7/21

Watching Donna Jordan tutorials is like the  proverbial "eating potato chips" joke .... you can't watch just one of them.

One video leads to another video leads to another video and next thing you know you are digging into your stash and making a list of things you don't have and off on another quilting adventure.

At least the quilting hobby isn't fattening.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/7/21

judyinohio said:

At least the quilting hobby isn't fattening.

HA!!!    Sitting for hours on end without exercising?  Snacking on empty calorie foods?   

Or maybe my scale is just broken?  yeah, *that* must be it.  :-)

judyinohio

4/7/21

Speak for yourself, dear Pirate.  wink

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/7/21

judyinohio said:

Speak for yourself, dear Pirate.  :-)

I often do.  LOL!

well all 10 of my I spy quilts are done, washed & photographed - now to update my blog.  I plan to start on the fused applique clock next.

I've also decided to donate an additional 5 that I had around, though I'll need to modify the labels on some as they have my name.  A friend of mine works at a crisis pregnancy center that has a resale shop, I'm going to see if perhaps they would like them as fund raisers.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/8/21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

A friend of mine works at a crisis pregnancy center that has a resale shop, I'm going to see if perhaps they would like them as fund raisers.

That's a great idea.  Our church quilting group also donates to them but I believe we give them baby quilts for the new mothers.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/8/21

Besides working on UFOs, I promised my brother's children that I would make them each a quilt from their father's t-shirts and hockey jerseys.  He passed away Feb 11th, 2020.  Not Covid related.

Monday and Tuesday I managed to get them all cut up and stabilized.  Now I'm waiting for my DSIL to let me know which shirts to put in which quilts.  One niece is from a former marriage and some of the shirts won't have any meaning for her.  While I'm waiting, I will also see if I can find any hockey-related fabric to incorporate.  They will all be different.

In addition to these, Carrie returned a charity top quilted that I need to bind.  I made some scrappy binding for it.  I also put together blocks I had previously made into another charity quilt top.  I hope our church quilting group can get together soon.  This last one can easily be tied.

Also still working on putting my sewing room back together after saying goodbye to my long arm.  Want to buy some of the storage units that hold the baskets to help organize some of stuff. 

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

after saying goodbye to my long arm

What?  When did that happen?

My Grandson is a hockey player, and I want to make him a quilt with hockey fabric.  I found a small but good selection of hockey fabrics at equilter.com  

https://www.equilter.com/search?p_filter_keyword=hockey&p_search_type=all&p_func=live 

I haven't bought any yet, but will do that before too much longer.

Sounds like a nice project you have going there.  

You may need larger amounts but I do have about a 3/4th yard of this.  I haven't used it because the individual players are a bit larger than I typically use, about 5" total.  I'd like to keep a few squares but if you want the rest you are welcome.  You've shared so many fabrics with me over the years - Let me know.