Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 384974 views.

Black and white with bright color is always so cheerful. Love the stars.

bornblesse2

Apr-25

Dee, I like that block!  I wonder if I hav3 that book, it sounds familiar. I may have to take a look, but I need to finish up some things sitting around,

I have two of her books, have used them both frequently. She puts simple blocks together to make interesting secondary patterns, very clear illustrations.

How about using rice as the base of a casserole dish, some chicken or cooked ground beef, some mixed veggies, a canned soup of choice like cream of mushroom, cheese of choice on top. I used to make lots of casserole type dishes in batches and freeze. I would think chicken pot pie would be fairly simple if you made some. Make or buy crust and fill with chicken veggies and homemade sauce or again a canned thick soup of some kind.

Another option Shepards pie, mashed potatoes layered with cooked ground beef veggies.

I thought I put my post on your cooking question for your parents.

bornblesse2

Apr-25

I was thinking of shepherds pie....he likes mashed potatoes.  Does that freeze ok?

I would say if all the ingredients are pre cooked it would freeze fine. They would just need to know how long to pop it in the oven for.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-26

Interesting block.  I may have to look for that book.  Always looking for ways to use my scraps.  I like black and white quilts with a splash of bright.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-26

I've been working on UFO's.  Last Saturday I got back 4 small charity quilts from Carrie who quilted them for me.  In the last 2 days I made binding and finished them.  Time to pass them on to the church.

Phooey!  I can't post the pictures.  I'll try again later.

I have two of her books, really like them both, though I can't put my finger on exactly why.