Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 478105 views.
Mishii

Apr-30

Thank you

Only 400 more hours to go!

judyinohio

Apr-30

Youngster, you are a glutton for punishment.

Mishii

Apr-30

Nah. I’m just slow. 

bornblesse2

Apr-30

Mishi,,,,that quilting on Sandys quilt is gorgeous!  You go girl!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-2

Riley Blake has some cute fabric lines.  Several years ago when I was making a baby quilt, I wanted little helicopters.  They had them.  I enlarged them and made some to applique on and used the fabric for sashing and borders.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-2

Mishii said:

Look what I have on my frame!  

Wow!  Nice quilting in that block I can see.

Now I see the pattern you used! I like it.  I finished my granddaughter’s First Birthday quilt top last Saturday. So I’m looking for a scrap buster project now.  

Awesome!!!! That is beautiful. Thank you ;)

something about her quilts I just really enjoy.  simple blocks go together to make interesting secondary patterns (though you don't see it so much on this last one because I used too big a variety of backgrounds).  She uses a lot of the corner triangles, so I keep collecting lots of little waste triangles.  I was just glancing through one of her books that I don't have (Amazon had a bunch of pictures) and this one looks fun - and I can use some of the baggies full of white waste triangles I have from another quilt).  This might be my next I spy.    this book (scrap basket strips & squares) is only $16, might order that if I can't find it at half price.

here is the block - very simple.  But how fun is it all together!

Ok finally finished your amazing quilt. Took my time and I think it will knock your socks off. My DBIL is going to take some professional photos in the next week or so. It will be heading back to Texas soon.

Next up a quick one for Yetta and then I need to decide what to do after that.