Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 406493 views.
judyinohio

May-17

That quilt top has me so confused! I could never figure it out in a million years.
Perhaps if it was a larger photo I could see how it is constructed but when I look at the red pinwheel in the bottom row I cannot figure out how it got there ...

this is what the blocks look like, they alternate horizontal and vertical placement.  the fabric placement makes the pattern.

here are the pieces

here is one section after I've sewn 4 individual blocks.  It looks messy until it's sewn.  and yes it is a brain bender.  That's how I got messed up and cut 20 pieces backwards.

judyinohio

May-17

Thank you, Dee, I see it now.

I also see this quilt going on to infinity ... never being able to stop.

Like eating potato chips .... 

not exactly, more like floating.  it doesn't go to the edge, there are white fillers on the edge so it looks like a bunch of floating lilies.  But it definitely is one of those that sewing the squares is the very easy part, getting the squares attached in the right order and right direction is going to be challenging.  Hopefully my flannel flags will do the trick.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-17

judyinohio said:

(it was called "Cobblestone"

I'll try to remember that name for the label.  It's at the quilter's with no due date.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-17

judyinohio said:

using those Scotch brand lint rollers to pick off bits of "string"; I imagine you will be doing the same. LOL

Yes, I will be.  The cut off piece of foam insulation will be cover with a light grey.  It will need the same treatment.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-17

latterberry said:

I was just going to suggest Marshall Dry good too.  I saw lots of lovely novelties at great prices.

You are really tempting her.  She's looking for white not novelties!wink  She won't be able to resist the novelties, esp if they are different or in a needed color.

latterberry

May-17

Oh, but I love to tempt.  Besides lots of novelties they had lots of whites--tone on tone etc..

MelRN

May-18

At least you found them before it was quilted! There's time to fix it :D