Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 503237 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

5/31/21

well can I just say that sewing down a binding by hand takes a darn long time!  I've spent two evenings and I'm only half way around.  I am going carefully because Ami has put the idea in my head I might want to enter it in a show.  so I feel like the quilt police are looking over my shoulder.  but still .  thanks goodness it's not any larger.

I also go the word last night that the young woman I was hemming the bridesmaid dress has been put on bed rest.  There is still a chance she will be able to be in the wedding if they can get her blood pressure down, but she can't come for another fitting.  So I guess I'm going to cut and turn that little hem on faith.  If she is in the wedding she may be sitting down, so the hem isn't as critical.   I was worried about this.  She was already so big and huffing and puffing, working full time, etc.  You remember, that usual young woman who thinks she can do everything, and a nurse to boot.  She hasn't yet learned that some times your body has other ideas.  I could tell her but I knew she wouldn't listen.  It had to be her doctor.  Ah well, life happens.  She will learn soon enough that despite best intentions, she is no longer in control. smile

I bet it is exciting that your quilt is finally on the finish line.

I do hope the young lady is able to still be in the wedding.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

6/1/21

I've finished the 4th row in A Gathering of Quails.   One more quail row to go and then all the eggs rows that go between them.

Suze (casuzenn)

6/1/21

very nice! Another soon-to-be knocked off the Forever Project list...

bornblesse2

6/1/21

Last week at guild, I got to take a class from Ray (of 3 Dudes).  It was an improv class using strips.  We were testing his pattern for a new one to come out soon.

I started with a Bali Pop and background fabric.  Friday I finished up my top that I started on Wednesday.

it is square.  I laughed when hubby asked what I was going to do with it...in his mind it isn’t big enough for a bed, and isn’t shaped right for a couch quilt.  Only option left is to hang it!  Lol....listening to him really made me laugh!

although, I have been thinking about digging in my batik storage to see if I have enough strips to make two more sections....

hummm......

It does look good and yes two more sections would maybe make it a sofa throw.

viola (sissly4)

6/1/21

Add two more rows and maybe a border.

bornblesse2

6/1/21

Well, I guess I have to dig into the stash to find strips of similar colors....

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/2/21

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

"A Gathering of Quails"

I love them.  Great job.  You have to stop calling these "Forever" projects.