Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 470810 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-5

Finally finished the first of 3 memory quilts for my brother's 3 children.  My niece requested red and grey for the quilt.

My brother played hockey until concussions and his knees said "no more".   He also supported his daughter's soccer team.  The college t-shirts represent a family joke they had.

Now for the next one for my nephew, I'd like to find some fabric that has movie cameras.  that will be a search.

Great job.  I like the pieces blocks. They had some movie camera fabric at cabbage rise but given next week is their last in business I am guessing it is gone now. 

bornblesse2

Jun-5

Cathy, that looks really good!

I don’t have any fabric with movie cameras, but I have a pattern that looks like photo films.....like a roll of negatives.  I have always wanted to do it, but haven’t.

That is a great looking t-shirt quilt. I love all your extra details and the colors she chose really look nice.

Midkid5

Jun-5

T shirt quilts are such a treasure once done but digging up that treasure can be a real challenge.  You had the right shovel cause your quilt is a true treasure.

Jo

latterberry

Jun-6

Love your t-shirt quilt!  What treasures they will be to his kids.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-6

bornblesse2 said:

I have a pattern that looks like photo films

I may have to go that route but am going to search first.  If you know where your pattern is, please put it in the pile for retreat.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-6

OK, I do not shop for fabric online very often.  I have forgotten the sites you frequently use.  Could any of you list some for me?

judyinohio

Jun-6

fabricshack.com  has a good search engine.  (For example if you are looking for a fabric for borders like Dee uses that has confetti scatter print and you type in "confetti" in the search box you get good results. One time I typed in "dots" and got 37 pages of results. Darn near fainted.)

equilter.com has a search engine that's overwhelming with results but somehow not quite as helpful as it could be.

fatquartershop.com has exactly what it sounds like ... lots of fat quarters, jelly rolls and other pre-cuts. You can get dizzy looking at their selections of pre-cuts with themes. Start now on your Christmas projects.  LOL