Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 473685 views.
5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jul-29

Judy,

I got your email, and I thank you.  I have a couple of those that came with Ott lights, and I can never get them adjusted at the right distance to be focused.  So I don't cross stitch on fabric that has more than 18 stitches to the inch.  I have a friend who does those very detailed HAED (Heaven and Earth Designs) things she stitches on 25 count linen over one thread.  Being my friend, you just knew she had to be crazy, right?  LOL!

I have Ott lights almost everywhere.  I wear bifocal contact lenses and have several pairs of reading glasses in various strengths.  I muddle through.

Cris in MT

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jul-29

Dee,

The instructions for pattern transfer mention something called Sublime Stitching's fine tipped iron-on transfer pen.  Shoulder shrug about what that may be.

BUT the method Mary uses is a mechanical pencil with .5 mm lead using a light box or sunny window because the designs are "simple" enough.  I only transferred one exactly this way and couldn't tell I'd put anything down at all on the white linen.

I've just been through a major sorting and reorganization of some of my "stuff" and now doubt that I'll ever do these at all (even on bleached muslin with a Frixion or Pigma pen).  If you would like the pattern and linen, I'd be happy to send them to you.  My email address is petthouse at bresnan dot com.

Cris in MT

bornblesse2

Jul-29

Lynne,  those blocks are made from the Disappearing Pinwheel block.   (Where you make a pinwheel, then cut it into pieces and rearrange).

these 2 quilts are for my guild and will go to the women’s shelter that also take boys that come with the mothers.  Many shelters will not take the older boys.  I think both of these will make nice ones for them!

bornblesse2

Jul-29

I just made a backing this afternoon!  I was going thru some more donations and came across a roll of fabrics 8” wide that all seemed to coordinate.  And a light bulb went off!  
So, I went digging in my “finished quilt tops” cabinet and found a top I had pieced from left over pieces LONG ago!

While the fabrics are not the same, they are the same coloring and style!  Now to send it to be finished for charity!  A Win Win for me!

Midkid5

Jul-30

Here is the picture of the finished quilt.

Midkid5

Jul-30

Here is what I spent my time doing in May and June.  Woodburning this sign for my brother's birthday gift.

Today I pulled out a quilt sandwich that is about ten years out to free motion quilt.  You know its been along time since you free motioned anything when you no longer have any practice sandwiches made up to practice on.  Not really into it but in a mood to have things finished.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

Midkid5 said:

Not really into it but in a mood to have things finished.

I hear ya on that.

latterberry

Jul-30

I had to try just one block.  And like you, I need to have one right in front of me to keep the pieces going the right way.  I have a small rug loom that I wasn't using any more so I put chicken wire on the back to clip things on and the nails were great for holding thread.  I put it right behind my sewing machine so I could have the sample block right in font of me.  I may have to go off my piecing diet and make some more ric rac blocks!

Attachments
viola (sissly4)

Jul-30

I like it. I just got finish cutting up my scrape and ready to make a quilt.

judyinohio

Jul-30

Uh-oh.  Lynne's gonna get in trouble.