Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 476612 views.
judyinohio

Jul-31

Chantilly Lace is a very nice panto, probably soothing to work on.  Never saw it before. Congratulations on the rearranging work that was so productive.

I have been doing repair on 4 rooms this week. Three bathrooms and the kitchen. Today I got the two upstairs bathrooms painted!!! That is a big deal. The prep has been in progress since Wed and it only took 4 hours to do the painting. Now the bathrooms are ready for the new floor install on Monday and then we can hang the new hardware stuff and put the baseboards back on and paint the trim and those two rooms will be done.

I am hoping DH gets the kitchen and downstairs bathroom finished with the texturing so I can paint those Monday. Then I may paint the laundry room but not till the very end if I do at all. That makes all of the inside of the house painted.

DH also worked on sanding cabinet door today and got about 1/4 of those done. 

DH flew down on Thursday and worked from home on Friday and next Monday and Tuesday and then fly back on Tuesday night. I will stay here and keep making progress on stuff.

Sounds like you are on a roll with the charity quilts!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-31

And YOU are on a roll with the house stuff!  Kudos to you guys!  Prep ALWAYS takes longer that the painting.  But if you do a lousy prep job, the finish coat looks terrible.

Just keep thinking that it's one more checkbox for that room and finally the room will be done! Etc, etc.

latterberry

Aug-1

You certainly did have a productive day!  Congratulations on getting so much accomplished.  If you have sentimental feelings for your placemats, could you fold one in half, stitch the sides, and make a hot pad out of it.?  Or somehow put them together to make a cover for your Featherweight?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-1

Lynne, those are excellent suggestions!  I'll look at the placemats with a different eye.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-1

and TA DA!   One charity quilt finished!

I don't remember off-hand when I pieced this top.  It's probably documented someplace but I'm too lazy right now to look it up.  Just assume it was pieced a Good Time Ago.  :-)   I used my scrap stash and didn't diminish it one little bit.   Each little block is a Drunkard's Path, more or less.

One of the pieces of fleece in the large crate was plain brown.  The size of the fleece and the size of the top were compatible so BINGO ... the brown fleece goes with that top.

I used the pantograph, Chantilly Lace.   On the photo of the backing, you can see so clearly what a beautiful design this makes.  It's not terribly visible on the front, but that's OK with me.  The finished size is 39"x43"

Looks great..............good progress on your stack of UFO's

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-1

That frame looks very useful.  What a great idea!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-1

A very productive day indeed!  Those kind of days always make me feel good.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-1

Wow, Ami, you are making progress.  You will make your house so lovely that you won't want to move out.wink