Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 478124 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-6

That is beautiful embroidery.  Haven't seen any like that.  It's tempting.  

But.....I have so much fabric to sew up and projects to finish that I need to stay on task for a while.  I'll just click on the links you provided Pirate and drool.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-6

Your pine branches look real.  Nice job!  I don't want to discourage you from going to JoAnn's but I have tons of floss.  I could send you an assortment of greens if you'd like.  I use my floss rarely.

that's ok.  I already went today.  and the skeins are only 60 cents, not worth the hassle of mailing.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-6

I was at Joann's today to get a zipper.  In the craft section, I saw SPOOLS of embroidery floss.  Standard 6-strand floss by Anchor.   I've never seen floss on spools before, have you?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I've never seen floss on spools before,

I had not either.  Saw that today too.  I also looked at the perle coton, I thought about getting a ball of red to make some pretty stars for the Christmas tree applique, but decided to wait and try what I have.  Aren't these lovely stars?  The way they are made looks pretty cool - I'm anxious to try it.  here's the link https://www.needlenthread.com/2012/11/stitch-play-star-stitch-snowflakes.html

she uses something called Soie Perlee (silk) but perle coton works too (per Mary Corbet).  

Midkid5

Aug-6

Oh I did a triple take before my brain would accept that there was no way that you would put real pine branches on your appliqué.

Picked up your package today but haven’t had a chance to open it yet.

Jo

MelRN

Aug-7

Those are beautiful! I always admired embroidery

bornblesse2

Aug-11

I haven’t done a lot of sewing lately.  I have spent wayyyyy more than usual hours in my library than usual!  I have updated a whole bunch areas in it, but also have been emptying shelves in order to move things around for 2 more new sets of shelves!  They will be coming soon.

but, I have done a few more Dear Jane blocks.  I’m hand-stitching on 2  more.- one has tiny little ovals that I didn’t think I could sew on at my guild meeting (I like todo a bit of hand stitching while business goes on.). So I stitched half of another block that has a big piece.  But neither of these blocks are done….

here are the done ones….

You keep making progress on your blocks and that is how you will get it done. I really like the green one, looks like lots of fussy little parts.

bornblesse2

Aug-11

I did a count.  I now have 34 blocks to complete to have them all done.  I have 7 of them in my applique notebook ready to go.  I better keep my fingers stitching!