Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 610046 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/15/21

I wouldn't want the computer either but the zippers are a great idea.  I know Ami has them and has used them.  My leaders were velcroed on but I only had one set so that was that.  Pita is going to have to use the computer to do a few quilts to make the expense worth it.  He has trapped himself.wink

Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/15/21

Carrie's machine is computerized.  Edge to edge is pretty simple.  It is much more difficult to stitch individual blocks, esp if you want them quilted with different patterns.  The set up takes time and you do have to watch it.  To each their own.  I think they need to be judged differently in a juried show in 2 different categories.  I think they are now.?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/15/21

I love zippered pouches.  You can't have too many. The flipped pieces are a nice addition.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/15/21

I like this pouch too.  Lisa looks great in the dress.  fun to have that petticoat of your Mom's.  Did you ever wear it?

I love my zippered leaders, you can unzip a quilt and zip a different set of leaders and load another quilt. I have 3 sets. 

Midkid5

8/15/21

I have a piece of fabric with a bear with each letter of alphabet that I was thinking the strips would work with.  Thanks for letting me know where it came from.

Jo

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

8/16/21

Another block done.  I learned some new tricks for satin stitch embroidery from the NeedlesNThread.com site.  The ornaments are not ALL perfect but at least two of them are - perfectly round and smooth.  And the rest are pretty close.  Better than if I had done it the old way!  

5dogmom (CRISR5)

8/16/21

They all look gorgeous to me, Dee!

Cris in MT

Mishii

8/16/21

Every block looks absolutely fantastic!

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

8/16/21

thanks Sharon.  I'm having fun.  I am starting to enjoy the embroidery a bit, getting the hang of it.  I'm working on the poinsetta now and it looks pretty cool.  Glad you guys don't mind seeing the agonizing process, each block.