Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 498745 views.
judyinohio

Aug-30

Dear Mishii, do not rearrange.

Purge.

Make your sewing room actually vomit stuff.  volcano  (Sorry, this erupting volcano was the closest emoji icon available.)

I suggest a minimum of two overflowing black trash bags.

Then you will feel much better. 

MelRN

Aug-30

I don't know about you, but I often find things I want to work on now!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-31

and the end of today's progress on Forget Me Not.  There will be 2 more dark turquoise triangles at the lower edges.

judyinohio

Aug-31

Very pretty!  I'd never attempt that in a million years but I admire your work very much.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-31

Sharon Boggon in Australia does a weekly stitch "challenge" (TAST, which I believe is Take a Stitch Tuesday) you might want to check out, too.  She demonstrates more embroidery stitches than almost anyone would need to know.  LOL!  There may be a way to search alphabetically for a specific stitch, but I don't really have time to look for it this morning (haircut appointment).

https://pintangle.com/

Hope you don't get TOO distracted.

Cris in MT

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-31

Well, duh!  Sharon Boggon's stitch directory was SO hard to find:

https://pintangle.com/stitch-dictionary/

Hope the hair dresser doesn't cut off too much more of my brain.  LOL!

Cris in MT

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-31

When I was doing another monthly challenge many years ago, right after I discovered TAST, I used all of the stitches she had for the month on that month's piece.. it turned out very colorful.. Sharon is a treasure!

judyinohio

Aug-31

Gives me the shivers!  (In a good way, that is.)

I can see how a person could get addicted to crazy quilting and the stitching mania involved.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-31

Oh, that is so beautiful! 

Sharon generously shares what she knows.  I can usually get myself out of a creativity slump by going to her blog or her books.

LOVE what you did to your block!

Cris in MT