Latest 1:36 AM by keddykat75
Latest Jan-24 by MelRN
Latest Jan-24 by Mishii
Latest Jan-23 by Mishii
Latest Jan-23 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt)
Latest Jan-20 by Mishii
Latest Jan-20 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR)
Latest Jan-16 by Judy (DJZMOM)
Latest Jan-13 by MelRN
Latest Jan-12 by bornblesse2
Latest Jan-9 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Jan-7 by joepeter00
Latest Jan-3 by sueinIL
Latest Jan-2 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)
Latest Jan-1 by keddykat75
Latest Dec-31 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Dec-30 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt)
Latest Dec-27 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Dec-27 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Dec-26 by MelRN
I made more progress on the binding of my last quilt. One an half sides left to go.
Today I decided I just needed to baste the quilt on the longarm so I could start in the center. I got that done and quilted the 2nd border at the bottom and did a little design in the center. Tomorrow I hope to make good progress on the middle. Now that it is basted I can roll it back and forth as needed to execute my design.
How utterly satisfying!
Her enthusiastic response completely justifies the time and effort you put into making it. It is *always* so wonderful when the recipient values the quilt. :-)
So glad that your friend is so excited about the quilt gift.
The current progress on my "Forget Me Not" EPP project. I'm at the point where I am adding the scrappy hexie border around the circumference. There are 66 hexies needed. This can be broken down into 6 "scallops" of 11 fabrics each.
I am just rubbish at choosing pure random fabrics/colors. I do much better if I have a limited palette. I noticed that there were 12 "bumps" on the circumference: 6 dark partial flower units and 6 full flower units. Furthermore, if I combined 1 partial plus 1 full flower unit, I'd have 6 "scallops" to work with. 11 hexies are needed to go around each scallop. Well, I can deal with picking out 11 fabrics in turquoises and tans. I made sure that I got 6 hexies of each of the 11 fabrics ... i.e. 66 hexies in all.
Furthermore, in keeping with "rubbish at random" theme, I knew that it would be much easier for me if I found ONE pleasing arrangement of the 11 fabrics and simply repeat the pattern, thereby eliminating the stress for me and creating a symmetry and repetition of pattern.
The first picture is of the arcs of 11 fabrics that will go around each of the scallops.
The second picture is of the medallion. The red line shows where I have already sewn an arc in place around a scallop. The blue lines show the other scallops.
Sure glad she enjoy it. What a nice note she wrote.
Wanda has been a good friend for decades even though we have not seen each other since college graduation day in 1963.
Amazing how some friendships can last even through time and distance isn't it?
So glad she loved it. It's nice that she appreciates it so much. Happy to see a picture of the creator of the OX. Still hanging in my sewing room.
Can't figure out why she looks so much younger than I do. LOL We are both 80 so it's just not fair!
She's annoyed with me because she cannot find where I wrote the "label" in neutral thread across the neutral fabric in the bottom border. (Perhaps she is developing cataracts.)
One more email from my friend Wanda about how thrilled she is with the Barber Pole Twister quilt and then I'll shut up about this topic.
This evening she sent two more photos about how nicely the quilt goes with the rocker she used when her only child was born about forty years ago: Here's her email to me and here are the two photos. It is almost eerie how well the quilt goes with the fabric on the rocker.
First photo has better lighting that shows the maroon fabric .....
quilting and binding done on frustration quilt. It did turn out pretty wall. Once I washed it the holes closed up. If it were mine, I'd go through and hand stitch the blocks where the stitching is loose. But I've spent too much time on it already.