Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 503283 views.
judyinohio

Sep-20

Very adorable. Name those two Alexandra and Elizabeth in honor of my girls.

judyinohio

Sep-20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Also the foot pedal drives me crazy, I find my shin starts hurting after just a few minutes, I think something about holding my foot off the ground or something.

This comment has me really puzzled.  You must not be using the kind of pedal that came with the machine, the kind that has a kind of metal "flap" that you step on.

LABFIEND

Sep-20

The FW makes a better straight stitch.  However the bulb is soooo hot.  And it burned out just as I was stopping.

Dee:  The featherweight shop has LED light bulbs for the FW.  $12.95 each, but the don't get hot and last a long time.  I need to get one for my second FW, love the one I have on my first FW!!

It was original, but it does not have a flap, just two buttons like this.  You balance your foot on the fixed one, and kind of edge it over to the other that moves.  since I am so short, I can't put my heel on the floor and still do this, so I have to hold it in the air.  I do see a converter available that I might give a try.

oh that does sound workable.  If I get that and the foot pedal converter - plus some more bobbins (I only have 4) I won't have any excuses.  I'm not going to try and do it for this retreat in 2 weeks but definitely will for the next one.  I purchased this from Nyla so I know she serviced it when she sold it to me, but it's been sitting on my shelf for 4 years, I needs some attention.  I'm sure I can manage, I just don't want to devote the time right now.  

oooh, they have an "electronic" pedal.  thanks for telling me about the bulb.  Placing an order for a new pedal, bobbins & bulb.

Oh, that is the hardest kind of foot pedal to use - the one with the very stiff button that is so hard on one's foot/ankle/shin.  It is TOTALLY worth it to get a replacement foot pedal.  I have never regretting getting mine.  It makes starting to stitch a pleasure now, instead of a pain, and with no "lurching" as you start stitching your seam.    And I would also second Patty's suggestion of the LED light - no more burned fingers or other body parts.  LOL  The "soft" bulbs are cool to the touch and you can also grip them better when you do need to take them out or replace them.  But they last so long, you rarely have to worry about that.    

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-21

Here's the latest progress on "Forget Me Not".  I have the scrappy border around the circumference.  You can see I have one unit done of the element where I asked you guys which fabrics looked better.  This one is using the geometric line fabric .. but I'm going to alternate between the two.   I also have, but not pictured here, other units that I worked on over the weekend.

LABFIEND

Sep-21

thanks for telling me about the bulb.  

Your are welcome!  My latest FW doesn't have an LED and I am reminded when I burn my fingers.  I need to order an LED for that one also.  Totally worth it!

judyinohio

Sep-21

As it gets bigger and bigger it is looking better and better.