Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 609221 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/3/21

When I'm tired of working on vines, I also have prepped hexies to work on.  Instead of Grandmother's Flower Garden unit, these are simple 4-hexie units.  

I have a cute little box that holds my hexie supplies.

The item on the left is a tray that fits inside the box.  These are 1" hexies.

judyinohio

11/3/21

Is that thousands of hexies available for you to "play" with? 

I would be paralyzed with indecision.

I am sure one you think of them they will be great!

Can't get back to my photo to add text. I am back on the longarm again today working on the dark stars in the center of the light areas. 2 rows done 7 to go. Then I need to finish the feathers on the edges and do a feather all around the border.

I started the last side of the binding boxed square queen  sized quilt. Hope to finish today. 

Also want to prep a few more labels.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/3/21

Ah, these 4-unit hexies are for my color blocked smoothed hexies.  I just put them wherever they look "best".

Here's a picture of the orange portion.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

11/3/21

I've been practicing some of the new edge to edge designs.  I've finally figured out the trick of quilting right to left (ballpoint needle, different thread, looser tension on the quilt) - I feel silly it took me this long (7 years?).  I am having fun learning new patterns and the class I'm taking has only just started.  I also realized the red thread I bought for DD's red&white quilt will work just fine on I spy quilts - duh!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

11/3/21

Many of us who attend the retreat also post outside that thread.  The rest of you are not forgotten and we still like to see/hear what you are working on and your thoughts.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

11/3/21

Glad you brought the hexies.  I was just thinking that you were going to run out of hand work for the trip.