Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 635676 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

11/3/21

Can't really see you quilting in the dark areas.  I'm sure it is as nice as the rest.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

11/3/21

Thought of you today.  I saw a tile wall that reminded me of your hexie projects.  I'll send it to you probably by text as I took it with my phone.

Mishii

11/3/21

There are only 7 posts in the retreat thread so your ignore button is getting a rest this year

Thanks! It is really hard to photograph so you can see the quilting. It shows up much better in person. If you were in the 3" nine patch swaps some years back some of your blocks may be in the quilt.

I am happy to report I finished the hand sewing on the binding for the queen sized quilt from the boxed squares swap some years back. Now it just needs a label. I am on a mission to finish as many UFO's as I can.

judyinohio

11/4/21

I think I heard that happy sigh all the way to Ohio.

It's such a good feeling when the last stitch goes in a finished binding and you sit back and give the quilt a fond pat ....

So true Judy.  It was a 5 session marathon to get the binding hand sewn. That took longer than the quilting because I did an edge to edge freemotion design and it was on and off the machine in two days. I will get a photo later. 

I hope to make more progress on the 3" nine patch on the longarm....that one is taking forever but I am delighted it is finally seeing the light of day after 20 or so years in the UFO bin.

judyinohio

11/4/21

I got my Moderna booster shot  yesterday and today I am having a "brisk reaction" (my DH's words) which is a good thing (again, my DH's words). 

My neck aches, my shoulders ache and I feel like I should either take a very long hot shower with my neck and shoulders being pummeled under a steady stream of very warm water or I should just pile a bunch of quilts over my  head and neck area and hide from the world.

You can bet your bippy I am not going to cook supper tonight.

Moan, groan and gripe and sigh ....

I  never get much sympathy from a physician husband, that's for sure.  LOL

Sorry you are feeling bad after your shot. I was in bed a day and a half after my second vaccine with a fever and a terrible headache. Kinda in a fetal position wishing the pain would go away.

judyinohio

11/4/21

We both ate bowls of cereal for supper tonight.

That's one way to lose some weight.  LOL