Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 604802 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/8/21

Well, the unthinkable has occurred.   The vine applique that I brought on our road trip has now been finished.  Aaarrgghh.

I'm glad that this portion of the project is done, so I can continue with the next section (flowers & leaves).  Unfortunately,  I can't do that portion because I don't have the fabric to work with.  (I have LOTS at home).

Fortunately,  I also brought my hexies to work on.  I hope they last the rest of the trip!!

No pictures now because it's impossible to get one.... maybe at the lunch tomorrow with some of the Phoenix ladies. 

Suze (casuzenn)

11/8/21

perhaps some of the Phoenix ladies could bring you some scraps to use for the flowers and leaves?? 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/8/21

Ah, no... honestly,  that's not necessary.   I haven't even thought of the shapes of the flowers or leaves yet.  I do have *plenty * of scraps at home to use.

It is hard to run out of stuff to work on. Good thing you have a backup project. 

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

11/8/21

Texas quilt done - took longer than it should have.  Quilting not as good as I would have wished, but the recipient isn't a quilter and won't look that closely.  Amazing how well quilting shows up on that white background.  I still need to wash it - which has me very nervous too.  I presoaked everything except the fleece backing.  I'm testing that now and it does look like it's bleeding just a little bit, the water looks a little rusty.  So I'm going to give it the dawn soak and cross my fingers.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/9/21

Looks good, Dee.  Fingers crossed that the red doesn't bleed.

viola (sissly4)

11/9/21

They will love it.Hope the bleeding will not hurt it.

Midkid5

11/9/21

When washing a quilt I think or know is going to bleed,I put two or three drops of dawn in the wash machine solves the issue.

Jo

Mishii

11/9/21

That looks fantastic. I might have to make one of those. The dawn soak worked a treat on my red and whit with the one naughty fabric. 

bornblesse2

11/9/21

Dee, I like your Texas star!