Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 606943 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/8/21

Ah, no... honestly,  that's not necessary.   I haven't even thought of the shapes of the flowers or leaves yet.  I do have *plenty * of scraps at home to use.

It is hard to run out of stuff to work on. Good thing you have a backup project. 

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

11/8/21

Texas quilt done - took longer than it should have.  Quilting not as good as I would have wished, but the recipient isn't a quilter and won't look that closely.  Amazing how well quilting shows up on that white background.  I still need to wash it - which has me very nervous too.  I presoaked everything except the fleece backing.  I'm testing that now and it does look like it's bleeding just a little bit, the water looks a little rusty.  So I'm going to give it the dawn soak and cross my fingers.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/9/21

Looks good, Dee.  Fingers crossed that the red doesn't bleed.

viola (sissly4)

11/9/21

They will love it.Hope the bleeding will not hurt it.

Midkid5

11/9/21

When washing a quilt I think or know is going to bleed,I put two or three drops of dawn in the wash machine solves the issue.

Jo

Mishii

11/9/21

That looks fantastic. I might have to make one of those. The dawn soak worked a treat on my red and whit with the one naughty fabric. 

bornblesse2

11/9/21

Dee, I like your Texas star!

bornblesse2

11/9/21

Shelley, it was great seeing to and having lunch with the girls!  Good times!

bornblesse2

11/9/21

JOnna,  glad you have found a couple groups to join, a great way to get to know people and get out!