Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 793600 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-2

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

I'm trying not to leave too much behind for my friends to complete when I can't.  Nibbling away at it.

it was shocking how much was left from Denise...it's a call out to all of us! I have so many projects in work! I am hopefully going to get at least a few of them buttoned down soon..

Oh... I have another grandbaby on the way! My DD is expecting in Jan...a wee lassie this time! So of course, stuff for her takes precedence!!

That came out great. On applique I still use the old fashioned needle turn applique for the most part, no lengthy prep and I find the whole process relaxing.

I put a white fabric under see thru fabric when I applique.

I do like needle turn, but I also like being able to see "exactly" what it will look like before I sew anything.  Able to change fabrics, position, shape etc.  You can't really do that with needle turn.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-3

Gosh, that's just gorgeous,  Dee!

thanks Shelley.  I'm excited to get it done & hung on my sewing room door.  right now I have a photo copy of a quilt - duh.  pretty sad hanging next to all the pretty "real" quilts.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-4

heh .. that photocopy was a real stop-gap measure for sure!   But now, you have a real SHOW STOPPER!  :-)

Dee - I got an e-mail from you about your e-mail address.  Just checking to see if that was a real e-mail from you and not somebody evil who is trying to pull a fast one on us.  Hah!

It never hurts to check these days!

Thanks - Jonna

yes, it was me.  We're getting ready to dump all things ATT and I'm worried that when we drop their internet that I'll lose the email associated with it.  Plus it's become increasingly frustrating to use it any more.  And I'm worried any day that I won't be able to get in.  So I'm spending the morning going through all my archived emails - geesh!