Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 793475 views.

That came out great. On applique I still use the old fashioned needle turn applique for the most part, no lengthy prep and I find the whole process relaxing.

I put a white fabric under see thru fabric when I applique.

I do like needle turn, but I also like being able to see "exactly" what it will look like before I sew anything.  Able to change fabrics, position, shape etc.  You can't really do that with needle turn.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-3

Gosh, that's just gorgeous,  Dee!

thanks Shelley.  I'm excited to get it done & hung on my sewing room door.  right now I have a photo copy of a quilt - duh.  pretty sad hanging next to all the pretty "real" quilts.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-4

heh .. that photocopy was a real stop-gap measure for sure!   But now, you have a real SHOW STOPPER!  :-)

Dee - I got an e-mail from you about your e-mail address.  Just checking to see if that was a real e-mail from you and not somebody evil who is trying to pull a fast one on us.  Hah!

It never hurts to check these days!

Thanks - Jonna

yes, it was me.  We're getting ready to dump all things ATT and I'm worried that when we drop their internet that I'll lose the email associated with it.  Plus it's become increasingly frustrating to use it any more.  And I'm worried any day that I won't be able to get in.  So I'm spending the morning going through all my archived emails - geesh!

Midkid5

Aug-5

As quilters we know how generous quilters are, I was reminded of this as I read today's blog post from Becky at quilted twins.com.  Early this year they made a call for quilts to donate to the people of Ukraine, the response was overwhelming.   Becky who lives in Poland recieved the boxes, kits them, and passes them on to where they are needed.  Ever so often she shares photos of some, today's amazed me.  The time and energy that went into making some of these is astounding.

So thank you to all of you who have donated you time, energy and funds over the years to make and give quilts to others.

Jo