Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 796316 views.

I decided to donate some of my I spy tops for the guild to sell in our "country store" in our quilt show in September.  So I started quilting.  And since I had 9 yards of backing loaded, I just kept going.  $ quilts quilted.  I tried a new edge to edge pattern that the designer called filaments - once I figured out how to "travel", it was lots of fun.  And doesn't it look happy on the colorful quilt!  The pattern is basically 3 loops or "L's then underlined with arcs.  I wanted something that wasn't flowers.

here's the stack.  Now to get them bound.

judyinohio

Aug-8

Those are very clever "unisex" quilts you were able to get quilted in a short time. Well, the binding won't exactly be a breeze, but you have plenty of time to get those bound before your guild's show, I'm sure.

Looks like a fun quilting design. Looks like you be having a binding marathon.

Well, of course this class is an online class, and we are attending via Zoom.  There are 10-11 of us taking the class, and we are getting a very nice close-up view of Pepper's quilting shed, which is quite impressive.  I have been "Facebook friends" with her for a long time, but I have never taken a class from her before.  But I do love to watch her videos on YouTube, and she IS a very wise woman.  I could listen to her for hours as she talks about quilting in general, and her quilts in particular.  I am really enjoying this class.  

MelRN

Aug-10

Linda, your work is just amazing!

tuckyquilter

Aug-10

This is a true work of art, love and labor.  It's just beautiful.

tuckyquilter

Aug-10

Still working my way through a caZillion HST.  Making one of each from this Chart of HST blocks.  At some point they'll become quilt tops.  LOL In this case I've numbered each block to match a number I've drawn on the chart.  Most of the blocks have the same fabric.  But if I don't have enough I'll substitute something very similar.  Most will never notice in the finished quilt.  Middle Lime green and top row middle pink blocks are examples of this.  42 blocks made to date.   The Heart block I found somewhere else, but makes a nice block as well. 

I manage my scraps as I go along or receive them in grocery bags. So I always have squares and HST of various sizes available in bins.  This is a fun little "no plan" project and I'm slowly using up some of the 3.5" HST.  

and this Ladies, is how I stay out of Jail..... keeping busy with my sewing.  LOL

HAPPY AUGUST 10 to each of you.

judyinohio

Aug-10

tuckyquilter said:

and this Ladies, is how I stay out of Jail..... keeping busy with my sewing.

Oh, dear! I'm giving up on quilting and relying on jigsaw puzzles to keep me out of jail.

Do you suppose it will be as effective? stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

tuckyquilter

Aug-11

Absolutely!  They are also very effective.. 

Thankfully we're "Marked Safe" for now.. LOL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-11

WooHoo!  Today I can post!  I like your dillyflowers.  The rounded edge gives them a softer look than the hexies.  Looking forward to seeing your scrappy quilt.