Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com
Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.
Latest 12:01 AM by Judy (DJZMOM)
Latest Mar-28 by MelRN
Latest Mar-26 by LABFIEND
Latest Mar-26 by Mishii
Latest Mar-25 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR)
Latest Mar-24 by LABFIEND
Latest Mar-24 by latterberry
Latest Mar-19 by tuckyquilter
Latest Mar-18 by MelRN
Latest Mar-17 by Kim D. (KIMDIG)
Latest Mar-13 by sueinIL
Latest Mar-12 by MelRN
Latest Mar-12 by Misha (MISHAMISHA)
Latest Mar-9 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto)
Latest Mar-8 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR)
Latest Mar-5 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto)
Latest Mar-4 by judyinohio
Latest Mar-2 by latterberry
Very cute and clever. She will love it..
The sewing kit is adorable. I'm not sure I saw this mentioned, but in addition to the good fabric scissors I'd include a thread snip or embroidery scissors. I've "ruined" many a good pair of fabric scissors by using them to cut thread.
Cris in MT
Oh..how cute! and you know she will use it!
Add a few buttons, and odds and ends of snaps…maybe even some iron on Jean patches if she wears jeans!
could even add a bit of Velcro…..seems we use that for lots of things!
I didn't remember that, Viola. I know I had it quilted Fall of 2021. I hope my sister will like it.
Seems that with Christmas coming, I have not only less time to sew but less space. I have used my long pony wall that divides the living room from the kitchen dining areas a place to cut my fabrics. It is now mostly covered in Christmas decorations. It may force me to finish up a couple of projects rather than start new ones. I'm easily distracted. I see a new pattern that I'd like to make and off I go, spawning more UFOs.
So, I’m getting ready for charity day tomorrow at church. I know it time to match backing to front and cut batting. So I did a few backs.
but over the last couple weeks as I was sorting donations, I also have been trying to match some fabrics for simple tops. Tonight I thought I’d sew one up for tomorrow…just because it felt good to sew!
this was 2 hunks of quite jungle print. I cut green to sash/border it. But the flimsy was wider then tall. In my small yardage was the checker board print! I like it!
I started making these little (4.75") stars from left over triangles & scraps a couple of years ago. I decided to stick them on the wall and see how many more I needed. Hmm, only a couple to complete certain colored diagonals.
So now what? The quilt I had used as inspiration had string blocks in between of 8", made up of four 4" blocks, but mine are about half that size. Definitely don't want to make 1" string blocks. Hmmm. I decided to used up some larger triangles from the scrap bin - but most weren't quite large enough so now I have string blocks but only 5 strings - that works. And getting rid of lots of scraps, including the black left over strings from some backing fabric. It's going to be another very bright quilt - my cousin called it happy. I think I'll name it Scrappy Happy.
wow!! Both of those are fantastic! Great way to use up lonely blocks and scraps that are too large to throw away.
ta da! TA DA! "Inner Cube" is finished as of 12/5/2022! I don't know if I can handle this reality. :-) I started the fabric cutting and sewing of the EPP pieces in February 2022, so it has taken me less than a year. Amazing. I am very pleased to say that this EPP top is *completely* flat and square. No volcanoes, no "D" cups. Flat and smooth. I don't anticipate any problems with loading and quilting it. (she says with fingers crossed.)
I augmented the original pattern by filling in the voids on the sides & top/bottom to give me a natural straight edge. The designer simply chopped off the points to create that straight edge but that hurt my heart. :-)
I'm visiting my middle daughter right now and brought this top along to work on. There isn't a proper space to hang such a big top, so I've draped it over her queen bed. Apparently I have made a queen topper. :-)
Below are pictures of the top draped on her bed and a close-up of how I added the border by filling in the gaps between the points (on the sides) and filled in the stars (on the top/bottom).