Latest 2:17 PM by lppenguins
Latest Dec-9 by LABFIEND
Latest Dec-8 by Andyetagain
Latest Dec-7 by Mishii
Latest Dec-6 by latterberry
Latest Dec-3 by lppenguins
Latest Nov-24 by SonofQuilter
First your sewing room looks amazing! Bravo! Ditto what Pirate said, about your injuries and moving everything. That’s a lot of work, I know I moved in late 2021. We hired a moving service to move the big stuff, but I filled a lot of boxes with the help from my good friend. I purged a lot which helped too. You can collect a lot of stuff in 17 years. I’m a really good collector. :)
I had a sew day with 5 ladies at my house yesterday to start on the raffle quilt I am coordinating for one of my guilds. We got about a fourth of the blocks done and learned a lot about how to organize this process. I had tried using a new to me ruler for making folded corners (called Simple Folded Corners ruler). It involves cutting away the waste triangle BEFORE sewing. But a couple people definitely had trouble keeping their seam allowance at 1/4" all the way from end to end. One lady in particular tended to veer over 1/4" at the end of the seam. Which caused problems with some of the pieces. So I think next time I'm going to have them mark the line and sew on that instead. It's not a big deal - the result was some floating points which isn't too bad. But sometimes the pieces were too small and had to be resewn. And I definitely want to be the person doing most of the trimming, gives me a chance to check for problems before they are sewn into the block. Overall it went very well, and the new room arrangement worked great.
Yes... it's the project I was working on at Retreat... still stymied on how to proceed with affixing the trunk of the tree... once I figure that out, it shouldn't take long to finish.
Might have to do some experiments to see what will work
What I need most is more room!
Your updated sewing room looks grand.
Cats are so funny about changes.
Love the raffle quilt.
The end result looks great!
Did you cut your own kit? I love your colors!
Did you cut your own kit
yes and no. We collected donations of 2.5" strips of batiks from the guild members. Then we cut as we went on Saturday. But I think I will precut before the next one just to save some time at the cutting table. We were sewing oversized white triangles on, and that took a lot of time trimming. If I precut the strips before hand, that will help keep things moving. The sewing skills/accuracy in a group really vary a lot.
The inaccuracies are always the way with group sewing!
DD#3 and her Golden Retriever have been with us for a while, prior to her May 20th wedding. The Golden Retriever has a stuffed rabbit as a toy. She had chewed a hole in the bottom of one of the rabbit's feet. My daughter (who KNOWS that I have sewn all of *her* life) asked if I had fabric to repair the hole. ::bonk head on wall::
Yes, dear, I have fabric to repair the hole.
However, I can't just *repair* the hole. I need to do a Good Job. So, I made a flower unit from 1/4" hexies. QUARTER INCH HEXIES. Good gosh, 1/4" hexies are **small**! But, the rabbit has a cute little EPP flower on the sole of its foot.
This photo is a picture of the damage with preliminary repair work: I stuffed the hole with more fiber fill, inserted a piece of muslin under the tear and whip stitched the torn fabric to the muslin.
This photo shows the flower unit made of 1/4" hexies covering up the basic repair.