Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 138204 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/13/20

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I think I can put large pieces of batting and bulkier and lengthy things in there easily with no mattress.  

Sounds like you at least have a starting point.  As much space as I have I could easily double it.  Seems I manage to use as much space as I have.wink

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/13/20

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

when I got home he had unloaded the dishwasher and put things away! 

Hope it lasts.  Bob doesn't want me to vacuum or mop anymore so he does it.  With our backs, we find we need more help than we used to.  We call DS or make a list for a handyman.

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

Thanks Mel.  Just having to make some decisions more quickly than we had planned.  But God is in control and is not surprised!

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

Seems I manage to use as much space as I have.

Me too.  I usually fill the space I have available too!  LOL

Judy (DJZMOM) said...

But God is in control and is not surprised!

AMEN! (((JUDY)))

lppenguins

1/14/20

Yay yay Gloria!  So happy your coming.
You’ll have a wonderful time. 

lppenguins

1/14/20

Yes he is. Thankful you have enough to continue on. So scary sometimes though.  
it just amazes me how companies work now. It’s all about money, not people.

Corporate has seemed to forget that without these employees that give a 100%, and actually care about doing a good job, they wouldn’t exist. 

Tobys company has taken this same approach to RIFS. :0(

karensquilte

1/14/20

Gloria, glad to see you are going to join us at the retreat.  Looking forward to seeing you.  You will enjoy yourself.  You just have to stay away from the Naughty Table!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

Thanks Laura.  I know we're not the only ones experiencing this or will.  It's just seeing the change and new journey God has for us!  Kind of exciting!  David's first day of retirement in a "work week" was great yesterday.  He was able to do things around here like stabilize my laptop desk (a small job but we just never took the time); he got to go to the hardware store for parts as a retired guy working on a project (as DJ used to call some his customers); he got to make a PB&J sandwich when he wanted and not his scheduled lunchtime; could take a phone call from his son for as long as he wanted to talk; was able to mess around with this stoopid computerized robot vacuum as much as he wanted and call and spend time with the trouble shooting professional he has been working with during daytime hours directly (he's had to call at lunchtime or email back and forth after his work hours)!  All good things.

Thanks for being such a good friend to Viola by being available to be with her as family gather and she said good-bye to Al.  I'm sure you were a blessing to all present during that tender time.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

Thanks Jo for your simple explanation of Cobra.  I just read your understanding to DH and that was a bit encouraging for both of us that we don't need to have a for sure answer immediately.  We are awaiting his final packet of information from the company in hard copy.  We kind of expected it by FedEx yesterday but they probably chose to mail it and not spend the extra costs.