Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 122757 views.
tuckyquilter

1/17/20

I just took my 12 place setting w/all serving pieces intact, to my son.  I've had it packed for years as I wasn't using it anymore.  His father & I picked it out together in 1972 in Japan.  Son didn't have any kids until 3 yrs ago. A girl, so he has someone to pass it on too.  He opened up one of the bins and just rubbed it with his fingers. 

PLUS it gave me a flimsy excuse to make a 2500 mile road trip to get it to him.  Along with a bunch of other family heirlooms that were his to start with.  

bornblesse2

1/17/20

Leaving for Houston.....

MarciainMD

1/17/20

We have a bit in common.  We bought our 8 piece set of china in 1973 in Okinawa.  Our daughter and her family received the set early last year.  And all the pieces survived Hurricane Dorian in September!

Where's the best part to get one of those stands with the tall wire thingy for big spools of thread?

Pretty sure I git mine at a sewing machine store. 

KSCarolyn

1/17/20

I have two of the cheap plastic ones from JoAnns and I have never had one tip over on me.

Carolyn

Suze (casuzenn)

1/17/20

i borrowed one once..I dunno..maybe my machine is just persnickety...it kept tipping the stand over...got one of the cast iron ones and all is well with the world...

KSCarolyn

1/18/20

Mine doesn't tip over because I'm special.

Carolyn