Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 98439 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

2/19/20

Suze (casuzenn) said...

Linda.... I hope you bring it back next year!

I hope Linda brings her wool/cotton project back next year too.  I'm sure it will be fabulous with stitching embellishments!

Judy (DJZMOM)

2/19/20

You were a terrific SS!  Thanks for my candy and the sunflower goodies.  The thimble is just lovely, the dishcloth is the kind I use all the time and the red wool cardinal is so cheery.  He won't get put away with Christmas to be sure.

Yes, I just gave my two weeks' notice today -- REALLY RETIRING.  Well, retiring from T&K.  I will still work part-time at home to supplement my SS income, but at least no more commuting to downtown Dallas all the time.  And yes, moving to San Angelo.  I am buying a house there -- if I live through everything up through and including the closing (which I think will occur on March 2.)

KSCarolyn

2/19/20

I just uploaded all the pictures I took at the retreat to my computer.  I won't have time to work on sorting and categorizing them until this weekend.  There were almost 250 pictures taken.  I had no idea, I thought I hadn't taken enough.  As soon as they are uploaded I will post a link to Shutterfly so you can see them.

Carolyn

LABFIEND

2/19/20

Glad it was such a success!  I don't really use those, but my quilt group and e tension club give them out periodically, so i was glad you liked it!

I am flying home today, Neighbor Joan gave me some crazy quilt blocks  that were he mothers. So it looks like i have another project--lol

LABFIEND

2/19/20

See o what did they say when you gave them notice?

Not much.  I first gave a verbal notice, and she said I should do an e-mail to her and the other supervisor and HR for the record.  So I did.  As I predicted, it was anticlimactic.  Hah!